eva's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eva's Posts

Found it.  It's on page 3-4 on Form 541
Nowhere! I was searching everywhere on the information sheet and could not find it. I hope a CA expert may see this post? Thanks, Lisa!   Ohhhh! Just found that a Sch G has to be filled out to det... See more...
Nowhere! I was searching everywhere on the information sheet and could not find it. I hope a CA expert may see this post? Thanks, Lisa!   Ohhhh! Just found that a Sch G has to be filled out to determine resident vs non-resident fiduciary returns!
Hello Gurus! Decedent was NV resident and her CA property was sold after death. I have to issue a CA Form 541 to show the sale.  However, the CA form pulls in unrelated non-CA income from the feder... See more...
Hello Gurus! Decedent was NV resident and her CA property was sold after death. I have to issue a CA Form 541 to show the sale.  However, the CA form pulls in unrelated non-CA income from the federal 1041 and calculates income tax on it. How to fix it? Thank you!
Hello All, Husband and Wife had a partnership that was created to buy/remodel/rent a home. They refinanced the loan and the partnership ownership dropped off, naming the husband and wife as owners ... See more...
Hello All, Husband and Wife had a partnership that was created to buy/remodel/rent a home. They refinanced the loan and the partnership ownership dropped off, naming the husband and wife as owners instead of the original partnership name. Then a year later they did a 1031 exchange in their individual names. I have to dissolve their partnership as it doesn't stand because of the 1031 exchange. How do I distribute all the assets, rental home and vehicles, without creating undeserved losses? Thank you  
It's going to be an interesting exercise... Thank you very much again for you help!
Who knows?  And they hardly squeaked by the two year holding period.  There is another thought, which I have to do calculation for. The new property(ies) have to be equal or higher value than the e... See more...
Who knows?  And they hardly squeaked by the two year holding period.  There is another thought, which I have to do calculation for. The new property(ies) have to be equal or higher value than the exchanged property. I wonder after increasing the basis, if they would have still qualified?
I understand.  The additional issue is that the taxpayer never claimed anything for depreciation when they started the rental. I will have to correct that and go from there. Thank you very much for... See more...
I understand.  The additional issue is that the taxpayer never claimed anything for depreciation when they started the rental. I will have to correct that and go from there. Thank you very much for guiding me!
Taxpayers owned and lived in a home from 2008 until 2019.  In 2019 they rented out the home for two full years and then did a 1031 exchange for other properties. They did extensive remodeling at the... See more...
Taxpayers owned and lived in a home from 2008 until 2019.  In 2019 they rented out the home for two full years and then did a 1031 exchange for other properties. They did extensive remodeling at the time they lived in the property and then additional remodeling before they started to rent and then additional renovations when they did the 1031 exchange. My questions is regarding how to treat all these improvements? How do you incorporate the before rental while they were living in the home with the rental improvements? The rental-related improvements should be capitalized and deferred and then recaptured at the time of selling the 1031 properties.  But what do you do with the original improvements?  When do you add them to the basis if ever? Thank you for any advice relating this question.
There are a lot of answers and what I deduced was that the forgiven loan that is sitting in "Other Income" should be released on Line 6 in M-1. It throws Sch L out of balance.   Any thought, Gurus... See more...
There are a lot of answers and what I deduced was that the forgiven loan that is sitting in "Other Income" should be released on Line 6 in M-1. It throws Sch L out of balance.   Any thought, Gurus?   Thank you.
ProSeries Prof. does not have the capability to split income for multiple states for a 1040NR filer. Is it doable on Lacerte maybe? Otherwise I have to manually create other than one state. Thank ... See more...
ProSeries Prof. does not have the capability to split income for multiple states for a 1040NR filer. Is it doable on Lacerte maybe? Otherwise I have to manually create other than one state. Thank you!
Thank you for the response, but this is not the issue.  The taxpayers are not domestic taxpayers, but foreign LLC members and there is no allocation option for multi-state tax returns.
 Dear All, Anybody knows if it is doable in ProSeries Professional? Thank you!
 How do you enter a K1 if it comes from a 1041 that has a different - fiscal-year - end into a 1040?
Additional question: the business assets go to 6252, then to 4797, and then to the respective K-1's. In my example, the restaurant client (two shareholders 50-50) sold the business for $140,000 on a... See more...
Additional question: the business assets go to 6252, then to 4797, and then to the respective K-1's. In my example, the restaurant client (two shareholders 50-50) sold the business for $140,000 on an installment sale. They had tangible and intangible assets with net book value of about $74,000. I tried to fill out 6252 first, entered the net asset value but then what to do with the individual assets on the Asset Worksheets since their value was not determined individually; the entire business with everything included was sold.  Then I thought that I would enter the net book value as "sold" value first on the Asset Worksheets and tried to link it to 6252, but it was not allowable because the assets were considered sold at a loss. How do I handle the individual Asset Worksheets and not duplicate values? Thank you!
Thank you!
Excuse my ignorance, but where does the distributed Note Receivable show up on the final K-1?
I am curious about what you do with the S-Corp in an installment sale of let's say 10 years?  Do you keep the S-Corp open?  How do you account for subsequent cash payments on the note?   Thank you v... See more...
I am curious about what you do with the S-Corp in an installment sale of let's say 10 years?  Do you keep the S-Corp open?  How do you account for subsequent cash payments on the note?   Thank you very much, Eva
Dear itonewbie, Thank you very much for the response. I understand the nature of the RSU's.  My question was technical, meaning, whether I filled out the RSU worksheet correctly. I think, yes, beca... See more...
Dear itonewbie, Thank you very much for the response. I understand the nature of the RSU's.  My question was technical, meaning, whether I filled out the RSU worksheet correctly. I think, yes, because the results show no related tax liability since the client was fully taxed on the sold shares, which created a basis. Thank you again,
I have difficulty filling out Part VI for RSU's. Client had 55 Amazon RSU's. He sold 25 in June 2017 and then 21 in December 2017.  He was fully taxed by "sale to cover."  On 6/15/2017 - 25(b) I pu... See more...
I have difficulty filling out Part VI for RSU's. Client had 55 Amazon RSU's. He sold 25 in June 2017 and then 21 in December 2017.  He was fully taxed by "sale to cover."  On 6/15/2017 - 25(b) I put 55 shares; in 25(g) I put 25 shares as the same number of shares sold paid for the taxes. On 12/15/2017 - 25(b) I put 55 shares; in 25(g) I put 21 shares as again, the same number of shares sold paid for the taxes. Are above entries correct? Another issue is that the client no longer works for Amazon, so his 2017 W2 does not reflect these tax payments, which for sure were made.  Shall I ask for W2's showing the stock tax deductions? Thank you for your help!
Thank you for your answer. I was also told to amortize it over the life of the loan