joantax's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joantax's Posts

These clients have high incomes and meet the threshold for 8960.  Last year the Schedule C didn't carry to the form but in 2022 it does and this creates the reject.
Lacerte told me today that the reject problem on Form 8960 with Schedule C is with the IRS and don't expect a fix until mid-March!!!!!!!  This is unacceptable.
I login and then the Lacerte program appears, then goes away.  HELP 
Figured out my own answer!  taxpayer retired early with only $5K wages and  the total ROTH wen to him, none left for spouse.  I divided it between them and all is well.
Taxpayer has wages, spouse not working.  Income $100K.  Taxpayer Roth allowed, but spouse not allowed - why?  Prior years same scenario and both contributions allowed.
How to allocate withholding on Form 593 in Trust to beneficiaries?
Plenty of money left.  But Lacerte won't let the Trust pay the tax because of final return.
complex. Profit.  The diagnostic won't let me file unless I pass through income to beneficiaries.
The W-2 is proof enough.  No worries.  The 5498 is sent by the trustee to the IRS to confirm contribution.
Yes.  Scroll down on the disposition screen for override LT or ST.
The trustee wants to pay the tax from the trust account without K-1's.  Program generates diagnostic saying needs beneficiaries percentages because of capital gain.  HELP.  I just want to e-file and ... See more...
The trustee wants to pay the tax from the trust account without K-1's.  Program generates diagnostic saying needs beneficiaries percentages because of capital gain.  HELP.  I just want to e-file and let the trust pay the tax on the final return.
Incorrect addition to IRA distribution with CA basis.
I updated and had to login again.  After I enter my password the entire program disappears.
Both federal and state standard deductions, why add back AGI adjustment again in CA?
Lacerte error reported 1/30/21:  when taxpayer is over 70 contributing to IRA the federal is correct, but CA deduction is disallowed.  
Taxpayer has $7,000 allowable IRA deduction.  It is disallowed on California Form CA line 22. Why?
Filing for FEIN for Trust after death of grantor do I remove the word REVOCABLE from title?
My 2012 program doesn't work - getting exception errors but with re-install will my client data be saved?
QBI - can I adjust the calculated amount?  I need to include the BUSINESS INTERST EXPENSE from shareholder and also SE Health Insurance.  The instructions for Form 8995 list both these.