PhoebeRoberts's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PhoebeRoberts's Posts

https://www.rrb.gov/node/1412
You've got that same amount entered in a second place.
You have both a worksheet and a diagnostic showing that their income is high enough their ability to make Roth contributions is phased out. You should advise them to correct their excess Roth contrib... See more...
You have both a worksheet and a diagnostic showing that their income is high enough their ability to make Roth contributions is phased out. You should advise them to correct their excess Roth contributions prior to 4/15.
Yes; it's essentially interest income. Under Line 20, right above the QBI grid, there's a line to enter the same amount to indicate that there's no SE tax.
Residential rental falls under Distributive Trades, so anything without a separate class life is 5 year.
Hi there, You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support. Cheers!  
It does not matter. Every year, about 2% of my clients have bad luck with DocuSign - it asks a question about something it thinks is related to them but isn't, or it thinks the right answer is someth... See more...
It does not matter. Every year, about 2% of my clients have bad luck with DocuSign - it asks a question about something it thinks is related to them but isn't, or it thinks the right answer is something that's factually incorrect. Void the request, send a new one, hope for the best!
I am 99% sure that Lacerte will do this with a combination of special allocations and coding the stepped-up assets to the Form 1065, Schedule K. But I don't have a file I can pull and send you screen... See more...
I am 99% sure that Lacerte will do this with a combination of special allocations and coding the stepped-up assets to the Form 1065, Schedule K. But I don't have a file I can pull and send you screenshots, and I don't have time to do a dummy return well enough to get it 100% right. Tag me after 4/15 and I'll do up a dummy return and send you screenshots!
Green number (100/200 in my case) shows how many returns you've authorized from the 200 Bundle. It does *not* include clients that you haven't done the REP-equivalent for. Black number (Selec... See more...
Green number (100/200 in my case) shows how many returns you've authorized from the 200 Bundle. It does *not* include clients that you haven't done the REP-equivalent for. Black number (Selected: 0 of 24) shows how many clients are on the specific screen you're looking at.  Because 2 files with the same name and EIN only count as 1 towards the 200, and a file with 999-99-9999 as the SSN doesn't count at all towards the 200, the green number is likely more useful. But you'll want to view Forms for any clients you know you'll need to save a spot for, because otherwise they won't be counted yet.
I clicked the button, got a "change your password" prompt at the login, did that, logged into Lacerte with the new password, everything's working fine now.
That return is not going to reject. Get a client signature, and if something needs to be changed before the client signs, you'll need to amend.
Personally, I input on the Dispositions screen and run it through Part II of the 4797. 
Sec 179 gets separately stated and doesn't hit the 4797. I'm pretty sure you have a diagnostic to that effect.
That's part of how DocuSign authenticates the signer's identity.
A SEP is an employer-funded plan. All covered W-2 employees get the same percentage.
Hi there, You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support. Cheers! Hi... See more...
Hi there, You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support. Cheers! Hi there, You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting Lacerte, ProSeries, or ProConnect Tax Online products. Please visit the QuickBooks Help site for the answer to your question. Cheers!  
Hacked is my guess, too.
Nope.