Mimbreno's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mimbreno's Posts

Google didn't help. I'm thinking there is no street address for the 1099G so I took your suggestion and made the street address "PO Box". At least I can get the diagnostic to be happier. Could be a s... See more...
Google didn't help. I'm thinking there is no street address for the 1099G so I took your suggestion and made the street address "PO Box". At least I can get the diagnostic to be happier. Could be a software glitch. It didn't care in the last 4 years. 
I was kidnapped by aliens. Thanks for your answer. I just might do that unless someone actually comes up with the answer. 
I have typed in the EIN. It does not populate the street address. It keeps coming up as needed when I do final review.
The Colorado for 1099-G requires a street address (or is it a PO Box) for the 1099-G. I have he City and zip code unless it changed from 2022.
I was suggesting there may have been a transfer on death deed for the California rental property, not the entire estate.
Is there any chance there was a transfer on death deed for the rental property and it did not pass to the estate?
I can add New Mexico  if anyone needs it: For State Refunds the NM EIN is: 85-0478248 For New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions it is: 85-6000057
I also found you can make your state estimated payments on line at many of the state taxation and revenue sites. I am in New Mexico and we can set the payments up for all 4 quarters and designate the... See more...
I also found you can make your state estimated payments on line at many of the state taxation and revenue sites. I am in New Mexico and we can set the payments up for all 4 quarters and designate the payment withdrawal dates as well. I am quite sure most states have this ability. 
I too use bullzip and just set my printer options in proseries to bullzip as the printer. Visit bullzip.com to download this free pdf writer that allows you to watermark and password protect any file... See more...
I too use bullzip and just set my printer options in proseries to bullzip as the printer. Visit bullzip.com to download this free pdf writer that allows you to watermark and password protect any file. Bullzip converts the file to pdf with the options you choose to apply.
I think you should re-visit your client's valuations as I can only presume there was inventory that has not been accounted for.  That makes me wonder - what else?
Only form 1095-A is relevant now. 1095-A shows the premium amounts and the advance credit payments that may need to be repaid if household income changed.
I interpret the below excerpt to say the alimony your are working with remains under the old rules. This article clarifies information provided on page 10 of IRS Publication 5307, Tax Reform Basics ... See more...
I interpret the below excerpt to say the alimony your are working with remains under the old rules. This article clarifies information provided on page 10 of IRS Publication 5307, Tax Reform Basics for Individuals and Families for the repeal of deduction for alimony payments under the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017. Alimony or separation payments paid to a spouse or former spouse under a divorce or separation agreement, such as a divorce decree, a separate maintenance decree, or a written separation agreement, may be alimony for federal tax purposes.  Alimony or separation payments are deductible if the taxpayer is the payer spouse.  Receiving spouses must include the alimony or separation payments in their income. Beginning Jan. 1, 2019, alimony or separate maintenance payments are not deductible from the income of the payer spouse, or includable in the income of the receiving spouse, if made under a divorce or separation agreement executed after Dec. 31, 2018.  This also applies to a divorce or separation agreement executed on or before Dec. 31, 2018, and modified after December 31, 2018, as long as the modification: changes the terms of the alimony or separate maintenance payments; and states that the alimony or separate maintenance payments are not deductible by the payer spouse or includable in the income of the receiving spouse. On the other hand, generally alimony or separate maintenance payments are deductible from the income of the payer spouse and includable in the income of the receiving spouse, if made under a divorce or separation agreement executed on or before Dec. 31, 2018, even if the agreement was modified after December 31, 2018, so long as the modification is not one described in the preceding paragraph.  
Lisa -  I am thinking they cannot also also claim married filing jointly if they claim the spouse as a dependent.  If they are married do they each have to file married filing separately and the husb... See more...
Lisa -  I am thinking they cannot also also claim married filing jointly if they claim the spouse as a dependent.  If they are married do they each have to file married filing separately and the husband claims the wife as a dependent but the wife claims she is a dependent of another taxpayer? How does this work?  
I do not see any way to do this in the program although it sure should be an option. One work around might be to print the client copy to a pdf using a pdf printer that has a watermark option like Bu... See more...
I do not see any way to do this in the program although it sure should be an option. One work around might be to print the client copy to a pdf using a pdf printer that has a watermark option like Bullzip. Bullzip is a free pdf printer that allows watermarks and offers the ability to password protect as well. It is free at bullzip.com.
It does work the same in Basic and in Pay Per Return
You should ask to see a copy of their determination letter as that will tell you when the tax exempt status became effective and thus whether or not you have to file an 1120 for 2019. The date of the... See more...
You should ask to see a copy of their determination letter as that will tell you when the tax exempt status became effective and thus whether or not you have to file an 1120 for 2019. The date of the exemption letter may or may not coincide with the date the organization was granted tax exempt status. Be sure to mark the  2019 Form 1120 as a final return if indeed you need to file it.
Your qualified QBI deduction should populate line 10 of the 1040 or 1040-SR and form 8995 or 8995A  once everything is completed correctly below line 48 of the Schedule C.  
I have frequently seen the 1099-S be included with the closing papers and the taxpayer does not recognize it as a needed tax document.  
Yes Lisa, there is the ex-wife's SS# at the bottom in box 8 followed by the letters BR which I believe stands for "Benefit Recipient".  If the ex-wife is receiving the benefit it does not seem correc... See more...
Yes Lisa, there is the ex-wife's SS# at the bottom in box 8 followed by the letters BR which I believe stands for "Benefit Recipient".  If the ex-wife is receiving the benefit it does not seem correct that the husband should be paying the tax on it. Edited: I just found out that the taxpayer did actually receive those two combined amounts so yes, I will just add the two amounts together. Thank you Lisa.