Ross's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ross's Posts

Great! It may take longer than usual for acceptance due to volume of returns being filed 🙂
I appreciate your insight into the question being asked! I agree that my interpretation of what was being asked was way off.  I've noted in my response to review both @Just-Lisa-Now-  and your res... See more...
I appreciate your insight into the question being asked! I agree that my interpretation of what was being asked was way off.  I've noted in my response to review both @Just-Lisa-Now-  and your response so as to ensure that a correction solution can be reached. 
Hello cmorgancpatax! That is frustrating- I do hope we were able to reach back out to you.  I do promise that we are attempting to be as efficient as possible during an extra-ordinary tax season.  ... See more...
Hello cmorgancpatax! That is frustrating- I do hope we were able to reach back out to you.  I do promise that we are attempting to be as efficient as possible during an extra-ordinary tax season.  Is your question of the nature that it can be asked on this platform? I'd be willing to help!
Are you copying an existing return to use as a starting point for a different client? Unfortunately, there is not a way to associate a copied return to a different client. You would need to begin a ... See more...
Are you copying an existing return to use as a starting point for a different client? Unfortunately, there is not a way to associate a copied return to a different client. You would need to begin a new return under this second client.     
Hello 10011! Have you pre-ordered a return credit that will be active beginning next year (Tax Year 2020)? If so, there is not a way to move credits from a future year to this year. You would nee... See more...
Hello 10011! Have you pre-ordered a return credit that will be active beginning next year (Tax Year 2020)? If so, there is not a way to move credits from a future year to this year. You would need to purchase a current credit.  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-online-discussions/discussion/re-can-i-buy-additional-returns-for-2019-i-am-the-master-admin/01/94605#M8685 
Hello iyanna! Where are you seeing the amount doubled (which form/schedules/lines)? I'd also check to see if you've entered them on the Itemized Deductions (Sch A) input screen and the Noncash ... See more...
Hello iyanna! Where are you seeing the amount doubled (which form/schedules/lines)? I'd also check to see if you've entered them on the Itemized Deductions (Sch A) input screen and the Noncash Contributions (8283) input screen. Doing both doubles it for me!    
Hello debra du! I'm not quite sure what you are asking. PLEASE REVIEW THE RESPONSES BELOW Most input for deductions related to new homes can be found at Deductions > Itemized Deductions (Sch A) >... See more...
Hello debra du! I'm not quite sure what you are asking. PLEASE REVIEW THE RESPONSES BELOW Most input for deductions related to new homes can be found at Deductions > Itemized Deductions (Sch A) > Interest.   
Hello albertop! Create the client using just the Business Name When preparing the 1120-F, you can then select the option to use a foreign address as the entities address.                ... See more...
Hello albertop! Create the client using just the Business Name When preparing the 1120-F, you can then select the option to use a foreign address as the entities address.                        To generate Form 1120-F, begin an 1120 Corporate return: Go to the Client Information screen. Scroll down to the Miscellaneous Info section. Check the box, 1120-F Filer?. Go to  Miscellaneous Information screen. Scroll down to the Foreign Corporations (1120-F Filers) section. Complete all applicable information. Go to the Foreign Taxes (1120-F) screen. Complete all applicable information.  
Hello mballa1999! Are you saying that these partnerships no longer should be part of the return? If so, I would choose to "delete this year" in an attempt to clear the diagnostic.         ... See more...
Hello mballa1999! Are you saying that these partnerships no longer should be part of the return? If so, I would choose to "delete this year" in an attempt to clear the diagnostic.                        If that fails, what is the text of the diagnostic?    
Hello freshy70! I would try troubleshooting using this article as a starting point. There are a few common causes that are the most likely culprits! 
Hello JD6! That message indicates the return has already been filed. Do you know if they used the "Non-Filers" tool to register for an Economic Impact Payment. If so, they will need to paper file ... See more...
Hello JD6! That message indicates the return has already been filed. Do you know if they used the "Non-Filers" tool to register for an Economic Impact Payment. If so, they will need to paper file an Amended EIP Return. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/amended-eip-return
Hello dawnelwelch5! You can change the name of a client by going to the Client tab, clicking on the desired client, and choosing "Edit Client" in the upper right. 
Hello Gordon1! Can you provide some more information regarding the need for a copy of the 2018 tax return? What program are you using? Are you trying to print a tax return/save it as a PDF? 
Hello b1tax1lady! This article should prove helpful. (I always read everything this author writes...he's that good!) For more information around multi-state input: https://proconnect.intuit.com/c... See more...
Hello b1tax1lady! This article should prove helpful. (I always read everything this author writes...he's that good!) For more information around multi-state input: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/multi-state-taxes/help/input-multi-state-amounts-in-proconnect-tax-online/00/5262
Hello catbrenner! This thread should help: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-online-discussions/discussion/re-can-i-buy-additional-returns-for-2019-i-am-the-master-admin/01/9... See more...
Hello catbrenner! This thread should help: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-online-discussions/discussion/re-can-i-buy-additional-returns-for-2019-i-am-the-master-admin/01/94605#M8685
In certain situations we are able to move tax returns from one account to another.  This process can take some time to complete and requires some action by both firm owners.  Please reach out to ... See more...
In certain situations we are able to move tax returns from one account to another.  This process can take some time to complete and requires some action by both firm owners.  Please reach out to us via chat or phone in order to determine if this information is able to be moved and to begin this process.  I know things can be hectic for firms right now during the deadline day so feel free to contact us once things have hopefully calmed down a bit! While this process is usually completed quickly, I'd allow for approximately 4 weeks (after we've received consent) in the event that volume, complexity, or unforeseen circumstances create delays.
In general, when reporting wages you'll want to enter the Salaries & wages, other than officers within Deductions > Salaries  and Wages. Then make seperate input within the Deductions > Officer Comp... See more...
In general, when reporting wages you'll want to enter the Salaries & wages, other than officers within Deductions > Salaries  and Wages. Then make seperate input within the Deductions > Officer Compensation screen (or Deductions > Salaries  and Wages > Officer salaries [override]).
Hello Jaime1! This diagnostic is alerting you that when you have an entry for NYC or Yonkers on the New York section of the input screen...         ...you must also make a corresponding i... See more...
Hello Jaime1! This diagnostic is alerting you that when you have an entry for NYC or Yonkers on the New York section of the input screen...         ...you must also make a corresponding input for NY within the Electronic Filing (W-2 State/Local) section:    
In this case there shouldn't be any errors/rejections because the information is being transmitted correctly (a loss is being treated as a 0). In some cases, we have to present forms a certain way to... See more...
In this case there shouldn't be any errors/rejections because the information is being transmitted correctly (a loss is being treated as a 0). In some cases, we have to present forms a certain way to match the e-file schema- I believe that is the case here. If a rejection occurs/error occurs please myself or the customer success support team know!
It does look like the program is treating the blank line as a 0, however. In other words: the line may not show a 0 but it is not impacting the calculation of the NJ 1040 NR.  Does that seem to be... See more...
It does look like the program is treating the blank line as a 0, however. In other words: the line may not show a 0 but it is not impacting the calculation of the NJ 1040 NR.  Does that seem to be the case or am I off base on that?