cjmcglinn's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cjmcglinn's Posts

Yes.  That is what I am doing.  I am calculating in the 2023 program and then opening up the 2022 program and putting the forms side by side on the screen and transferring the information to the 2022... See more...
Yes.  That is what I am doing.  I am calculating in the 2023 program and then opening up the 2022 program and putting the forms side by side on the screen and transferring the information to the 2022 program and hitting the print button.  There is no way I can hold a volume of returns waiting for a patch. I did see, in years past, when the local return was not up and running in a timely manner, that there was someone who posted who claimed to have worked for Intuit in the past.  The individual indicated that Pennsylvania was not high on the priority list as a whole and that is why the state and local forms were not updated, corrected, and active in a timely manner.  Other states took priority like New York, California, etc.  I don't know .  But this issue is a constant issue year after year.
Refreshed updates - February 2 at 7:30 a.m. ---  Water Mark is still there.
Until Intuit gets the patch and this is fixed, I have been doing the following Prepare the 2023 local return, but do not print. Open the 2022 program and pull up the 2022 local return. I have a hu... See more...
Until Intuit gets the patch and this is fixed, I have been doing the following Prepare the 2023 local return, but do not print. Open the 2022 program and pull up the 2022 local return. I have a huge wide screen so I am able to place my 2022 program on top of my 2023 (side by side).  I then override the year. I transfer all of the 2023 information directly into the 2022 form and print. I then scan in the printed 2023 local return (I am paperless) into the computer for my files. It is not holding me up.  Would be nice if I did not have to work out of two programs, BUT I can keep my files moving off my desk AND it is a professional look.  Nobody knows the difference but me.
PA Local -- 7:49 am EST -- Just did an update and still has the water mark.   Ugh!
I just did an update at 9:00 p.m. EST and the water mark is still there.
Good idea!  Intuit did this once before several years ago.  Strange part is that the local information is already on the websites for downloading paper returns to be completed for filing.  Ugh!
The ProSeries program is saying that the Local Tax Return will not be finalized until February 20, 2020 for the State of Pennsylvania.  Does anyone know why?  This is going to be a huge burden in tha... See more...
The ProSeries program is saying that the Local Tax Return will not be finalized until February 20, 2020 for the State of Pennsylvania.  Does anyone know why?  This is going to be a huge burden in that I will need to prepare all local returns by hand.  That will be several hundred returns.  Very disappointing.  Especially since we, as tax prepares, are responsible for reviewing all information that is on the tax return prior to filing.