meidt193's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meidt193's Posts

7 year
No I do not believe he does.  So without paper, I would do the the physical presence test?  I know he is entitled to exclude the income.  
For 2019 He did 335 days in Iraq.
He is in Iraq which is a combat zone if that matters  
My client works in Iraq doing support services for the military for a US Corporation.  He has been in the middle East since 2014.  His employer provides living quarters, meals, and travel expense.  I... See more...
My client works in Iraq doing support services for the military for a US Corporation.  He has been in the middle East since 2014.  His employer provides living quarters, meals, and travel expense.  In 2019, my client returned to the US for 30 days and then returned to Iraq.  The contract is open ended and does not have a termination date. Does my client meet the requirements for Bona fide resident under Form 2555?  
Thank you so much!!! I put it there and then thought it was wrong!  You are definitely a champ!! 
It was set up in October of 2019 and it is a traditional. She set it up as a business retirement for herself.  She has no employees and has less than 250K , so I do not believe she needs to do a 550... See more...
It was set up in October of 2019 and it is a traditional. She set it up as a business retirement for herself.  She has no employees and has less than 250K , so I do not believe she needs to do a 5500-EZ.  
My client has her own business and decided for 2019 to contribute $10,000 to a solo 401-K.   Where is this entered?  I have searched high and low and cannot find anywhere to put it in.  Her Husband ... See more...
My client has her own business and decided for 2019 to contribute $10,000 to a solo 401-K.   Where is this entered?  I have searched high and low and cannot find anywhere to put it in.  Her Husband contributes to 403B through his employer.
How do I get rid of the duplicate file? I tried switching the HB view and it still shows the duplicate file
I saved my clients return before e-filing and it generated a duplicate file.  In the EF tab it shows red warning saying duplicate file with ssn.  I tried to go through homebase maintenance and it did... See more...
I saved my clients return before e-filing and it generated a duplicate file.  In the EF tab it shows red warning saying duplicate file with ssn.  I tried to go through homebase maintenance and it did not remove the duplicate file.  How do I correct this?  Do not want to e-file with the warning message. 
This was in basic. I saw that in the professional.  I don’t understand why a need form is not automatically included.
When going through the error check, it came up on the diagnostic section
 Thanks so much
Thanks so much!!
Is there supposed to be a separate EF signature form when e-filing a Michigan state tax return?  The only form that printed was for the feds showing the amount of refund.  
 I am getting a message that a NOL Worksheet is not included in the Basic software.  I have looked at the IRS website and cannot find it.  What is this form and does it need to be submitted with the ... See more...
 I am getting a message that a NOL Worksheet is not included in the Basic software.  I have looked at the IRS website and cannot find it.  What is this form and does it need to be submitted with the tax return?  I am efiling my client's tax return.
The IRS site stated vessels are a 10 year so I used that.  I am hoping its correct.
My client has a bow fishing charter LLC and purchased a new 22" boat for business only, no pleasure.  I am confused as to being able to depreciate the boat using MACRS 5 HY 200%DB method.  The client... See more...
My client has a bow fishing charter LLC and purchased a new 22" boat for business only, no pleasure.  I am confused as to being able to depreciate the boat using MACRS 5 HY 200%DB method.  The client is at a loss for the year for his business so I presume that the boat would not qualify for section 179.
Thank you as I was on hold with support for 20 minutes!!! resolved my problems!!!
No indications print on the client's copy of the return that states its a copy.  Should this be doing so or do I need to do something to make it print the word "copy"?