Mybesttaxservice's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mybesttaxservice's Posts

I found out the issue after talking with CA FTB  Fed qualified child code : correct (in this case the qualified child is full time student under 24 and also disabled child ) Last year 2022 , I code... See more...
I found out the issue after talking with CA FTB  Fed qualified child code : correct (in this case the qualified child is full time student under 24 and also disabled child ) Last year 2022 , I coded S  This year 2023, I code D When we transfer from Fed to CA FTB 3514  Last year, form 3514 checked 9a (student under 24 and younger than taxpayer) This year, form 3514 it did not automatic check 9b (permanent disabled child), even PP calculated one qualifying child for EIC $832 CA FTB agreed to fix the error and made additional refund and I just need to fax to them notice and copy of social card of qualified child  Thank you all 
Hello Liza Today I have time to look back at the issue . Because I dont believe Professional Proseries had this bug (I trust Intuit and also a stock investor:) I was  look up the wrong column (0 ch... See more...
Hello Liza Today I have time to look back at the issue . Because I dont believe Professional Proseries had this bug (I trust Intuit and also a stock investor:) I was  look up the wrong column (0 child EIC $190 which CA FTB indicated); instead look correctly (1 child EIC $832). So, the tax software PP is right I am calling CA FTB to ask now and let you know if CA FTB fix it  I should withdraw this post which made PP user think negative  Again thank you your time to share with me   
Thank you so much Lisa  Dealing with tax agency regarding business entities is somehow complicated I have seen several tax preparers and cpa made mistakes  
Oh, yes  I looked at the prior year return printed out and not see LLC check box  Thank you so much for your help   
Taxpayer has two business as LLCs. One is taxpayer owned it as SMLLC (this year 2023 is final year). Another business is owned joint venture  by husband and wife in the community property, considered ... See more...
Taxpayer has two business as LLCs. One is taxpayer owned it as SMLLC (this year 2023 is final year). Another business is owned joint venture  by husband and wife in the community property, considered as SMLLC.  Because the nature of tax software Professional Proseries , sche C is checked mark CA LLC , then able generate business tax form CA 568 LLC . We cannot check mark  both sche C  as CA LLC on the same Fed tax return sent to IRS I have read the instruction how to efile one business CA LLC form 568 and make another copy return, uncheck the first sch C as LLC and check mark the second one as CA LLC and efile the second business tax form 568 for state only  My question: On the Fed return: only one sche C is checked mark as CA LLC, instead of both . Because the second business /sche C CA LLC is initial tax year. Should we have any issue with IRS later. Any one had its experience  and how to resolve it? I am worried because taxpayer can have option to file as Partnership 1065 or SMLLC on sche C . Either 1065 or SMLLC  has not seen with IRS record. Only show as Sole Proprietorship My idea: I attach the second business LLC certificate, explanation why not check mark as CA LLC on second sche C,  and the Professional Proseries instruction as pdf attachment for IRS. Is it work?  Please any tax expert advises me . Thank in advance
Hello Lisa I tried to changes as you suggested and worked more with specified form 3514 EIC CA, to answer specific situation, but not work. I also tried to update the installed products It does not... See more...
Hello Lisa I tried to changes as you suggested and worked more with specified form 3514 EIC CA, to answer specific situation, but not work. I also tried to update the installed products It does not resolve.  Thank you for your time 
Hello Lisa  Again, thank you for your sharing  Today I have tried several ways: Facts: non qualifying EIC child 24 yrs old by the end of 2023 TY  Working on Info worksheet from State, if any to c... See more...
Hello Lisa  Again, thank you for your sharing  Today I have tried several ways: Facts: non qualifying EIC child 24 yrs old by the end of 2023 TY  Working on Info worksheet from State, if any to change for the child (SON) 24 yrs old .  Working direct on form 3514 EIC CA FTB, Professional Proseries popped up only one child 20 yrs old, I filled in other child 24 yrs and answered "no under 24 yrs old, non disabled permanent" , but EIC table has not changed at all FED and CA FTB are conformity for EIC regarding age <Must be under 24) Again, thank you for your time and sharing info.     
Hello Lisa I original coded as N and L (the child living with parents 12 month) I try to change and code as you said N and O (other decedent): the amount of EIC taxble has not change (the Professio... See more...
Hello Lisa I original coded as N and L (the child living with parents 12 month) I try to change and code as you said N and O (other decedent): the amount of EIC taxble has not change (the Professional Proseries computed for 2 children $832), but it should be $190 (for one qualifying child) Thank you so much for sharing info
Tp has two dependents : one is 20 years and one is 24 years by the end of 2023  On the fed, we coded the child 24 years as no qualified child for EIC and other child 20 yrs as qualified child for EIC... See more...
Tp has two dependents : one is 20 years and one is 24 years by the end of 2023  On the fed, we coded the child 24 years as no qualified child for EIC and other child 20 yrs as qualified child for EIC  Tp has AGI is $10265. filing status MFJ and earned income $10265. Fed is fine, but state has issue On state CA, form 3514 Part V line 2: Professional Proseries automatic calculates EIC $832 based on EIC table from CA FTB for 2 children instead of 1 get $190 . We cannot override  CA FTB sent out the letter "We revised your EIC because one exceed age limit (CODE: DU) If any expert acknowledged and helped me to pay attention and fix this for future clients, please help. Else tax software support should fix bug We dont want customers get any letter from tax agencies. They got panic and not trust tax preparer. Thanks all in advanced
Thank you so much dascpa Did you mention "Under the safe harbor method, a taxpayer is allowed to take a $5 per square foot deduction for the home office, up to a maximum 300 square feet". That shoul... See more...
Thank you so much dascpa Did you mention "Under the safe harbor method, a taxpayer is allowed to take a $5 per square foot deduction for the home office, up to a maximum 300 square feet". That should be checked Frame box "Simplified Method selected 2023"      
The partner is material and get K1- partnership as SE income  For Un reimbursement business expense (UBE) related to K1 partnership income Self Employment Home Business use form 8829 : how can I re... See more...
The partner is material and get K1- partnership as SE income  For Un reimbursement business expense (UBE) related to K1 partnership income Self Employment Home Business use form 8829 : how can I report allowed home business use  link with K1-UBE?  I searched google: other tax software has link home business use with K1-UBE, but not Professional Proseries  I read the tax questions in community, stated that because the  IRS government has only instruction to link form 8829 to sche C and/or sch F but not K1. They also indicated to work around to fill out 8829 and manually enter the number on line 10 of supplemental business expense worksheet sche E. But the issue that no gross income sche C linked with this form 8829, therefore form 8829 has no home business allowed on line 36  So how can we work around it ? Can I enter home business expenses computed manually without form 8829 and entered the number on line 10 of supplemental business expense worksheet sche E. Any expert or experienced tax professional helps me .  Thank you
Yes, I guessed so. But I concern if it would prevent other preparer do the original tax. Yesterday I tried to call IRS, but high volume call. Thus I asked community expert advice.  I appreciate ad... See more...
Yes, I guessed so. But I concern if it would prevent other preparer do the original tax. Yesterday I tried to call IRS, but high volume call. Thus I asked community expert advice.  I appreciate advice. Ironman
Thank you so much sjrcpa. Really saved my time to not call IRS 
I needs to file extension for 1065 partnership   before 3/15/2024 . I got  extension rejection code F7004-011-03 "Message : Taxpayer EIN in the return header must not be the same as an EIN of a previ... See more...
I needs to file extension for 1065 partnership   before 3/15/2024 . I got  extension rejection code F7004-011-03 "Message : Taxpayer EIN in the return header must not be the same as an EIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period and Type of Return Code indicated for the tax return type ".  Searching the code should be already efiled extension.  I double checked EIN, officer tax ID and name and address correct. I already mailed form 7004 for client. Can I file original return 1065 if someone else (former tax preparer or client efiled extension? I asked the client and they consisted "NO". I am trying to call IRS xxx.xxx.xxxx but it is nightmare to wait for  Any advise or experience, please help. Thank you
I am Professional Proseries User  I am able to file extension for Fed 1120S (S Corp) , but not able to make extension for CA state (100S) with  min tax balance payment $800 ($848 with estimated pena... See more...
I am Professional Proseries User  I am able to file extension for Fed 1120S (S Corp) , but not able to make extension for CA state (100S) with  min tax balance payment $800 ($848 with estimated penalty 2023) I checked Info/final review and able to extension for Fed. Completed Why am I not able to do with state. I freeze box $800. I tried to update installed products, tried to uncheck extension and check mark extension State as instruction (how to resolve error/incomplete). Its message "failed" for State. Does anyone have the same issue and pls helps me. Is the reason CA FTB auto extension 6 months and not allow to make tax due balance payment ?
Thank you for your advice QBteachmt  I learned another rule NOL carry back 5 years for 18/19/20 I appreciate this 
Thank you sjrcpa Yes 2021 was used up some of 2020 NOL . This is remaining NOL of 2020 only carry forward . Thank you your time and help
Thank you for your advise  I have just known your mention (after 2020). I thought after 2018 "After the law Acts (Tax Cut) 2018, NOL after 12/31/2017 must carry forward indefinitely and no longer c... See more...
Thank you for your advise  I have just known your mention (after 2020). I thought after 2018 "After the law Acts (Tax Cut) 2018, NOL after 12/31/2017 must carry forward indefinitely and no longer carry backward. The rule of limit 80% AGI " Thank you again   
Hello Lisa Thank you for your advice That meant: we can pick the year to use it. Correct? Just not care about loan officer, who are not tax expert.  I am trained about mortgage loan a lot in the p... See more...
Hello Lisa Thank you for your advice That meant: we can pick the year to use it. Correct? Just not care about loan officer, who are not tax expert.  I am trained about mortgage loan a lot in the past which they suppose to add back depreciation and amortize $$$, NOL in past, but some they dont know  Because I search , there is other Turbo tax expert said "Use it or lose it" . Then some one else argued that "Pub 536 did not mention at any where " I rechecked with pub 536 and did not find one either.  Thank you again