Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO TRANSFER W-2 INFO ONLY TO IRS SYSTEM AND CAN'T WITHOUT VENDORS

EricMesa
Level 1

My client has only W-2's, no vendors.  Can't transfer into the IRS system without vendors? By IRS I'm referring to the Information Return System another product that aguments the EasyAct system.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
rbynaker
Level 13

I don't know anything about EasyACCT (and it's not well supported here) but does it help to know that W-2s are not processed by the IRS they are processed by the Social Security Administration?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm guessing he is referring to EasyAcct's sister software the Information Return System, but I could be wrong.  I don't use EasyAcct but I was under the impression that you filed directly with EasyAcct rather than converting to the other software.  But I could be wrong about that too.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mjjjfisher
Level 1

Go to the Company Information section for your client on EasyAcct Write Up section and manually change the Vendor Year End date to 12-31-23.  Then try transferring again. 

0 Cheers
Rpar
Level 3

EasyACCT Information Return System( IRS) data file will create a W-2 file for the state and SSN. The 1099 contractor(vendor) file is submitted to the IRS. 

However, it should be noted the IRS file is not compliant with the New Internal Revenue Service IRIS upload tool. But you can still upload the data file to the FIRE system.