Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EASY ACCT Update just appeared

vscpanm
Level 5

A new update just appeared. Just FYI

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Will someone let us know what it is and if it works? LBVS... I never do the updates until I see how many people complain about what didn't get corrected or what doesn't work now that an update has been installed... 😬

dkpcpa
Level 3

State tax table updates.  

nickeypoo72
Level 5

Which states?

Also, did the Form 940 work after this update by chance?  Or... have you found other issues with something not working all of a sudden now?

Thank you!

0 Cheers
dkpcpa
Level 3

Oklahoma, Oregon, Nebraska, Minnesota, Maine, Colorado, New Mexico, North Carolina, California. 

No 940 yet... but haven't been in it enough to know if there are any other issues.    

Walp
Level 3

The new update does not address the issue with the 940 forms. Very frustrating.

nickeypoo72
Level 5

Someone in another thread said try to uninstall and reinstall the program and then it works (as advised by customer support).. but I've yet to try that.  Who has time to wait around for that to happen?  Then again, who has time to wait around for Intuit to make it right to begin with though... 

vscpanm
Level 5

You must uninstall EASYACCT then login to your proconnect dashboard and reinstall the updated version there. I can now print the 940, although you must check to make sure everything is correct. The program will usually tell you when the liability on line 12 does not match the detail on line 17. Mine is off by 1 cent and there is no error.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the IRS System as well.  Clicking the update button from within EASY does not always work. 

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

I don't use the download, I have the CD version of the software we use.

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

I would call support and ask them what to do. I have not used a CD in years. EASY support number is 866-220-0488. Tell them you need technical support for downloading updates.

0 Cheers
nickdrake
Level 1

Uninstalling & reinstalling the program does work. Just install it from the initial 2023 install file & then update the program to the new update we just received today & it will fix the problems with the Form 940. I have done it on 9 computers here & it's worked without a hitch. It doesn't take long to uninstall & reinstall everything.

cin15
Level 3

DO NOT download this update!!!  Serious error with it.  I cannot use my software at all.  Am currently on hold.  There is over an hour wait.  I now see where you have to uninstall and reinstall.  OMG!

0 Cheers
jmabc
Level 1

Reinstalling worked for form 940 but we can't seem to get Schedule A to print for our multi-state clients.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

What serious errors are you having?

0 Cheers
cin15
Level 3

I cannot use the program at all.  Keep getting error messages.  The update didn't "take".  Have tried several time to run update.  On hold now.  Hopefully they won't close the phones down at 5.  I have been holding since right around 4 p.m.  Its suppose to be more than an hour wait to talk with someone.

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Oh man!!! Good luck to you!! 🍀

0 Cheers
cin15
Level 3

I am on the phone with support.  It's a joke.  First questions from her was "Why did you update, did you get an email or something?"  Next questions was what software was I using?  She had me reboot twice after having me rename my easyW file.  Then had me download the software as we couldn't uninstall the program.  My client files are not showing up when I open the program.  She tried to get me to rename the easywold file back to easyw.  I told her it would not let me rename a file that already existed.  She had me open the list of files under intuit.  Kept asking me what files were in the EasyW file.  Told her I didn't know as she had just had me do that.  She had me open it and look at the files and informed me I should know what my clients look like in the files.  I opened the EasyWold file and showed her where my clients were located.  Informed her my file has to be named easyw/data so my employees can pull up the clients.  She went back to trying to get me to rename the Easywold file to easyw.  THEN she told me to just delete my easyWold file!!!!  OMG  it would have deleted all my clients.  Who are these support people??  I asked to be moved up a level for support.  She has put me on hold.  Pretty sure I'm not getting any help today.  She needs to be moved off the support line.  She was texting and typing the entire time.  I could hear the swoosh of her texts.  I had to keep asking her to look at the screen and tell me what to click on next. I called an hour and half ago and still don't have it resolved.

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5
Spoiler
I will let you know if it works. I have one client with two states.
0 Cheers