Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct deposit with EasyACCT

Rpar
Level 3

Hello, 

I wanted to explore the option of using Direct Deposit with EasyACCT. Anyone use this feature? 

Trying to get an understanding of how it works. I understand you create a ACH file. But how has it worked and what is your process? 

How do you send the file to your bank, how much do they charge? ( I know fees may vary, I'm looking g for a ballpark number).

Is your clients account charged or are you charging your clients and then pay from your account. Any help is appreciated. 

I'm presuming ach files work for A/P too. 

Thanks

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
nickeypoo72
Level 5

We do use the direct deposit feature for payroll checks in EasyACCT, but not A/P, so I can only speak from payroll experience. Have you reviewed the information in the Help Menu for how to process direct deposit transactions?  That is a good starting point. 

As for uploading file to the bank, every bank is different - as well as their fees.  Some charge a monthly fee, some charge a per item fee, and some charge both.  You will have to contact the bank directly and ask what they charge. Also, each bank should be able to walk you thru their process for uploading the NACHA file - again it differs for each bank.  You will also need to ask them for their NACHA spec sheet before you process any transactions so that you can make sure the file EasyACCT produces matches their specifications for processing direct deposits.  

Once you have everything set up, processing the files is a breeze!  

For what it's worth, in our experience, the local banks are much more user friendly to deal with than the national banks.

Rpar
Level 3

Nickeypoo72,

Thank you for your helpful response. 

Can you provide any suggestions on where the funds come from? Do employee compensation go from employer to employee or does your firm collect the funds from the employer and then you pay the employee and taxes? 

I'm on my phone, so I'll research the help menu when I get a chance, bit from my experience it would answer any questions beyond processing payroll within EasyACCT. 

Thanks again  

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Funds are transferred from the bank account the payroll checks are set up to come out of - IE, the employer's bank account.  Then they are deposited into each employees bank account that you have entered in their employee screen.  Obviously you will need to collect their banking info on some type of direct deposit authorization form.  I would HIGHLY suggest they provide you a voided copy of their check or a preprinted direct deposit authorization form from their bank with their banking information preprinted on it.  This will help avoid errors entering wrong bank info.  You would be surprised how many empployees we've had write down the wrong information.

As for payroll taxes - we pay those thru EFTPS and the various state & local agencies, we don't use EasyACCT to process those.  I don't even know if EasyACCT has that function or not - haven't looked into it as we have never had the need to use that type of function.