Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed on W2 uploads and 940

AHUBLER
Level 1

After two days of support telling me that the update would be available by midnight last night (Jan 5th) there is none.  So, everyone who trying to upload W2s to the ssa.gov it won't work if you're using the information return system.  Also, the Form 940 still isn't available.  Now they don't know when it's available and we are week into to the month.  I don't understand this since both the form and SSA had guidelines out at the beginning of December.

Anyone have easy work around?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
nickeypoo72
Level 5

We're doing the 940 manually on the pdf form from irs.gov.  I don't have time to wait around for the software to be updated.  As for the SSA uploads, we use EasyAcct to create the file.  I've not tried it yet for 2022 however.  At least that doesn't have to be uploaded until the 31st, so it can always be taken care of later if there are issues with info return system. 

I completely understand your frustration though.  I don't understand why they charge us an arm & a leg for the software and don't provide timely updates or timely service.  I emailed them from Easy ACCT in software product support to ask when 940 would be available.  I never got a response, only a survey they wanted me to take to ask how customer service was for my issue.  The issue was closed and never answered.  What the heck? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Intuit's bread and butter comes from QB and Turdddotaxx.  So programming for EasyAcct is a a low priority.  Their philosophy is "we'll get to it when we get to it" -------- and they obviously haven't gotten to it yet.  One of the biggest weaknesses Intuit has is the "un"ability to understand deadlines.  Whether it relates to payroll tax reporting or income tax reporting, they think that as long as the software is ready by the form due date, they are good. ☹️

Slava Ukraini!
Julie2
Level 4

I am transferring the W-2's to the Information Return System and then creating the file and uploading it to the SSA BSO system from there.  I have been able to do this for over a week now.  As for the 940 there is supposed to be an update to Easy on the 6th (which is today) and the next update is not scheduled until the 13th.  So if it's not out at some point today, then our next opportunity will be the 13th, which sucks.

nickeypoo72
Level 5

I 'cheered' your post... even though it really made me feel 😢

You're right though.  And we're just out here waiting for the updates like kids at Christmas waiting for Santa to arrive....

IRonMaN
Level 15

But the Santa working for Intuit has been known to deliver a lot of lumps of coal. 🎅

Slava Ukraini!
nickeypoo72
Level 5

I thought that was only for bad kids.. not for those of us patiently waiting to do our jobs to the best of our ability 😓  I suppose that saying, 'No good deed goes unpunished', is fitting for us,huh? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Bad kids, bad Santa - the lines get blurred in the world of Intuit.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mayal
Level 1

Form 940 is still not available for us through EasyAcct. Any suggestions please

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

We just print them and file by USPS. Easy