Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRIS Portal

Kellie K
Level 2

We are set up to use the IRIS Portal but when we log in it directs us to a web address of la.www4.irs.gov/irportal/ and a "Loading..." message appears and nothing else.  I've sat here for 30 minutes waiting for it to load and nothing.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I've tried calling the IRIS Portal support and the automated message says they are too busy to answer so call again later.  

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

I've heard that it might help to use a different browser.  Beyond that, some folks on another list said the site ran faster if they were using Private browsing (in Firefox pull down the "3 lines" menu from the upper right corner and select New private window.  In Chrome pull down the "3 dots" menu from the upper right corner and select New Incognito window.)

Good luck!

View solution in original post

14 Comments 14
rbynaker
Level 13

I've heard that it might help to use a different browser.  Beyond that, some folks on another list said the site ran faster if they were using Private browsing (in Firefox pull down the "3 lines" menu from the upper right corner and select New private window.  In Chrome pull down the "3 dots" menu from the upper right corner and select New Incognito window.)

Good luck!

Kellie K
Level 2

Thank you! I will give it a shot!

nickeypoo72
Level 5

YES!! I tried to login all day yesterday and have been trying to login since 5am this morning.  I'm able to get to the Dashboard, but anytime I try to click on any of the folders to do anything I get stuck on the loading page.  All of my colleagues are experiencing same problem as well. 😞

Kellie K
Level 2

I have tried again in a private browser and still no luck, I am still in the "loading" stage.  

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

@Kellie K wrote:

I have tried again in a private browser and still no luck, I am still in the "loading" stage.  

I submitted my last one Sunday evening (and it was stuck in Processing until Monday morning).  I figured everything would crash at the last minute.  The new system is not very robust.  The only ones I did were for clients whose only 1099 was to me.  Any more than that, I sent them to the online services.

Depending on how many you have you might look into one of the services like tax1099.com or efilemyforms.com (there are a bunch of others).  They may have some internal deadline in order to meet the 1/31/24 filing deadline.  Conveniently they handle both e-filing with the IRS and mailing the recipient copies for ~$4-5 per recipient.  Well worth it IMO.  I remember the "glory days" of paper jams and fighting with form alignment on the pink forms.  Now that's been replaced with a never-ending "Loading" screen and the clunky "Notification" process for downloading a zip file with obscure PDFs inside.

0 Cheers

Same for me...since Sunday afternoon as well. Tried different browsers, Incognito, etc, no luck. Disappointing but to be expected I guess. I used https://www.tax1099.com/ to file my remaining 1099s. Can handle manual entry & upload.

First 20 - $2.90; 21-150 $2.19; 151-500 - $1.25; 501-1000 $.065

CPALRL2
Level 1

Same problems here, as well as Accepted with Errors!  They are having issues.

We are filing Form 15397 to extend all of the NECs tomorrow via fax to make sure it gets done.

Then we have 30 more days to keep trying 😞

EmilyRCPA
Level 1

After trying all day and night yesterday to get in, I finally was able to get in early this morning...but all of our data is gone!!! Anyone else??

cjolley
Level 1

Yes, same happened to me this morning. No data will load under Unsubmitted or Submitted forms. I've tried for an hour through multiple browsers and nothing will load for me to submit my final few forms. I tried calling the IRS as soon as the phone line opened and got the "we cannot handle your call at this time" message. 

stevied
Level 2

i've been waiting too...........its a **bleep**-show

0 Cheers
AStiles
Level 1

I am dealing with the same thing.  Submitted this morning at 4am, made copies of the submission numbers and the acceptance page, but when I logged on from the office everything is missing.

0 Cheers
kfish1234
Level 1

That only extends your time to give the forms to the recipients, not to the IRS.  

KHH
Level 2

Fomr 15397 does not extend the filing to IRS. That is for sending to recipients. For extension of time to send to IRS, form 8809 is needed and must me mailed to IRS ...

Michelle021
Level 1

Hey there, I too got accepted with errors for the 56 1099s batch I filed. I looked at the json file and see before  each record id it says “errorInformationGrp” and then 2 record ids actually show more detail saying name does not match tin and lists the recipients name. I went ahead and corrected those two and see they were both accepted. Wondering if the others in the batch were accepted even though I see “errorInformationGrp” before each record id. Is that how your json file looked? Showed the actual errors for the ones that needed to be corrected and others did not but had that “errorInformationGrp”? Also my “view submitted forms” in the portal shows 3 submitted now: 2 receipt ids  that say “accepted” and the other receipt id (my original with 56)  that says “accepted with errors”.  Is that how yours looks? I tried calling irs so many times but like everyone else, i either sit on hold for two hours and get disconnected or i get the message to try back tomorrow. Thanks! 

0 Cheers