Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyAcct Update

bfolsom
Level 2

When can we expect the software update so that we can e-file 940s. I downloaded the most recent version and I am able to print the 940, however I get a message that e-filing you 940 form is unavailable at this time and to come back early/mid January when efiling of these will be available. It's mid January. When is it going to be available? 

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
vscpanm
Level 5

Same issue this morning. 941 efiled but not the 940

0 Cheers
bfolsom
Level 2

Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure if it was just an issue with mine. 

kimsalmoncpa
Level 1

Are any of you using EasyAcct in the Right Network cloud?  My husband's business has the "Business Version" of EasyAcct downloaded directly to a PC.  The updates are simple and are obtained by clicking on "update via the internet".  At my work, we are using the "Professional Version" of EasyAcct but on the Right Network Cloud.  We are also using ProSeries in the Right Network cloud and update that program via the internet.  WHY can't we update EasyAcct via the internet like we do ProSeries?  We have been told we have to wait and let Intuit update the cloud users of EasyAcct.  (FYI....the Business Version of EasyAcct has updated for form 940 as of yesterday Jan 11th while us Professional Users on the cloud are still awaiting an update).  Seems like we have to call everytime there is an urgent EasyAcct update needed (ie Form 940) to remind Intuit the cloud users also need updating.   Also....FYI....our current version of Professional EasyAcct is still using 2022 payroll tables and an update is needed for that as well.  

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

I'm not using the cloud for our EasyAcct - however I'm not surprised about the payroll tax tables.  Shoot, they never even included a HOH table for people who don't have a second job.  So, we've had to find a work around for people who claim HOH on the W4s.  It's so frustrating.  

0 Cheers
Julie2
Level 4

You should be able to efile the 940 now.  As of 12 p.m. (EST).  I just received ALL of my 941 confirmations via email which prompted me to check on the 940 and it went through.  

kimsalmoncpa
Level 1

But are you operating EasyAcct on the Right Network cloud? 

0 Cheers
bfolsom
Level 2

Thank you, it worked!

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Thanks Julie2. I just tried this morning and the 940 failed. Now it works. 

0 Cheers
kimsalmoncpa
Level 1

You using EasyAcct in the Right Network cloud? Or just installed on desktop(s)?

0 Cheers
Rosco
Level 2

The 940 does not work for those of us that have clients in a credit reduction State.  You can't choose the credit reduction AND the State on the 940.

When will this be updated?  

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

instead of selecting a state from the drop down box, check the box below it b) more than one state - it opens up Schedule A to select multiple states

Andi1
Level 2

Thank you for that information!! Been waiting for an update all this week.  Have a great filing season!

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

You too.

0 Cheers
Walp
Level 3

I tried filing not choosing the state and checking Schedule A and when I went to file it would not let me. I am still waiting on the update that was supposed to be coming out today. LOL

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Does it actually let you create the efile and go through the submission process until it tells you it is not efile-able yet? Someone else had the same issue as you and i'm thinking he successfully efiled with the Schedule A attached.

0 Cheers
Andi1
Level 2

Well I jumped the gun on my statement.  You are right, it still will not allow us to efile the form.  Honestly, this software!! 

0 Cheers
Andi1
Level 2

It does not... I thought it was going to work and then I was denied!  

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

That might be an IRS issue, but then again who knows...... 

0 Cheers
Rosco
Level 2

Its an EZ Acct issue.  Clients of mine on QB file the 940 just fine.  Schedule A and all.

Ez Acct is last in line.

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Makes sense. I use QB desktop also and those filed alright.

0 Cheers