Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EASY Information Return System crash after update

vscpanm
Level 5

I updated the Information Return System this morning and it has begun crashing - AGAIN. It did this when it was first released in December, then it started working. Any one have ideas as to what's going on? 

EASY has been extremely solid for so many years, but the last few have been so frustrating.

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you haven't already done so, I would try uninstalling it and do a fresh install.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

I'll try that in a bit. I did that with the first install and it never worked, but at some point something changed because eventually I was able to open without the crash. Thanks IronMan. Just tired already. 

vscpanm
Level 5

Hi Ironman. re-install didn't work. 😞 I'll just call and see what they say. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good luck!  I use the program but haven't installed it yet --------------------- and now I am even less anxious to get it installed 😰

Slava Ukraini!
vscpanm
Level 5

Yeah, so just wait to install. The EASY tech gave me a suggestion and I'll see if it works. Really not hopeful. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Dealing with Intuit support brings back memories of that old Hee Haw song:

"If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all"

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

I spoke with a different EASY tech agent today and we updated the IRS system through "myproconnect" with no issues. all seems to be working fine. for now. 

EASY form 941 still shows blacked out 2nd 3rd and 4th quarter boxes. big sigh.....

I wish everyone a better tax season than the last one. 

nickeypoo72
Level 5

White out can fix the blacked out boxes... much easier than getting Intuit to fix the problem!

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

White-outis ok for paper files. I efile so I really like them to be correct. Otherwise, you are absolutely correct. 🙂 

parrishfreitag
Level 3

We're having problems again as well.  Several employees did the update this morning and now we are having problems entering client files, months of data disappearing, path access errors, etc.  

Any suggestions besides reinstalling software as suggested below?

0 Cheers
Harley CPA
Level 1

Hi there. Same thing here. I updated this morning and it broke.

I downloaded from myproconnect the update version there which happens to be the one from last week. It basically takes you back to where you were before clicking the green update button from within EASY. The tech agent last week told me to always run updates from myproconnect and not by clicking the green button. form 941 is not current and 940 is not there. I'm assuming they'll fix the bug and release a new update later.

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Sorry, I inadvertently created a new user. Harley CPA is also VSCPA. Let me know if my suggestion to reinstall from your proconnect works. 

0 Cheers