Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DROPPING PAYROLL CHECKS

lringele
Level 1

Has anyone had an issue with EasyAcct dropping payroll checks? I've identified two accounts with payroll processed weekly thru Payroll Check Computation with everything fine, but when a Payroll Journal is ran and Manual Processing checked, checks are just gone.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

7 Comments 7
awh
Level 1

Last year I had one account with a dropped payroll check.  This year I have had four accounts drop checks, with several of them dropping multiple checks.

0 Cheers
awh
Level 1

We are now at six (6) accounts that have dropped payroll checks, in both January and February, and some in multiples.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I had one last year also.  Good thing was only a son of the owner so we just posted it as a draw to the owner.

0 Cheers
lringele
Level 1

Just started on 1st quarter reports and already found a March check missing on first account I checked! Have you talked to EasyAcct support about this?

0 Cheers
awh
Level 1

We did contact EasyAcct.  The only suggestion they could give us was to run the Data File/Index Repair.  We have resorted to running a payroll journal after each payroll is posted and comparing for dropped checks, and then running the repair if drops are detected.  We do run a second payroll journal afterward to be certain the drops were added back.  So far, it has worked every time.  Hopefully at some point they will be able to figure out what is causing it and fix it.

0 Cheers
lringele
Level 1

I just went into Manual Processing to try the recalculation you suggested.  NONE of my checks (Jan thru March) are pulling up so that I can recalculate.  They are ALL gone, but I can run a Payroll Journal and there they are (except the missing one).  Will try Data File/Index Repair next.

0 Cheers
lringele
Level 1

Just ran Repair and missing check now showing up on Payroll Journal (yay!), but still not showing up in Manual Processing.  None of the first quarter checks.

0 Cheers