Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A company closed during 2023, when print out W-2 and W-3 for 2023 the numbers is not correct and please advise how to correct it.

LeeTamCPA
Level 1

I have a client that was out of business in June 2023.  Print out W-2 and W-3 for 2023 the numbers on W-2 and W-3 was much larger than the 2 quarters payroll... did print out payroll journal for 2023.  none of the employee earning and withholding were matching.  How do I resolve this matter.

I did several companies that is still in operation the number were all matching.

Thank you.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Only4Me
Level 3

It might be an issue with how you have the payroll set up under each employee account.  Unfortunately, there is no way for me to help you because I would have to look at all the reports to see what is going on.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Did you go through the "Enter Transactions" routine for each and every month beginning with January and ending with December?  This should repost the payroll entries you entered.

Or try "Manual Processing" payrolls for each month- which will repost the payrolls.

0 Cheers
ITAS010623
Level 2

Depends on what you did with that company in EasyAcct prior to closing the company down. Many variables here. If the fiscal year is the end of the year, I would run the reports for each month up to December 31, 2023 even if you had no activity in those months. EasyAcct works on a 24 month period and therefore you need to complete the last month of the year even just printing it to the screen for preview. If you closed the payroll module prior to the end of the year than you could be having issues with data transfer from Easyacct not knowing where to pull information from. I would then suggest going back to a prior backup of the company from before closure and seeing if those numbers are accurate. Agree with other user in here. Make sure it is all setup correctly. Look at each employee's earnings tabs in their module and see if the numbers are correct. You may also need to print the Earnings Reports etc for at least each quarter, if not, each month to determine which month the error could have occurred. Make sure you have printed the GL for each month as well, again, to screen at the least. All the reports/modules work together. These are places I would start, otherwise, you may have a corrupted data file.

0 Cheers