Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Federal Tables - Head of Household? Step 2 Box?

nickeypoo72
Level 5

We downloaded the update today for new federal tables - but it does not show the Head of Household tables.  When will those be updated?  Also, what about the box in Step 2 being checked?  Where do we account for that at?  According to IRS there are two sets of automated payroll system tables - one set for box in Step 2 being checked and one set for box in Step 2 NOT being checked.  And there are tables for Married Filing Jointly, Singe/Married Filing Separately, and Head of Household.  I'm not seeing these reflected in System Utilities under Federal Tables.  Help?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

3 Comments 3
jreed3
Level 1

Im trying to figure out the same thing. Hoping for an answer

0 Cheers
jreed3
Level 1

I just spent an hour and 15 minutes on hold for them to tell me that they have not released an update for the new W4 and they do not know when it is expected to be updated. So there is really not a way to put in the information from one of the new W4s at this time. I think it is basically working off of the old tables at this time

nickeypoo72
Level 5

Thanks for the update jreed3 !  Hopefully they are working on getting this figured out!  What good is our payroll program if it doesn't work with the new IRS required W4's? 

0 Cheers