Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please simplify entity extensions

PATAX
Level 15

Preparing 990 and 990t extensions forms 8868, and forms 8879 te. I have to check this and uncheck that and go here and go back there just to get it to work. Why is filing an extension a headache? It should be simple and fast. 

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

"It should be simple and fast" 

It should be, but not when Intuit is involved in the process. 😀 

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

"It should be simple and fast" 

It should be, but not when Intuit is involved in the process. 😀 

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

I started looking at CCH ProSystem FX. Not that I want to switch but I'm having more and more complicated returns and multi-state entity returns that ProSeries handles very poorly.

The complaints I see are as numerous for CCH as they are for Intuit. And their product costs a lot more.

So I've decided to take a computer class and write my own tax software. Can't be hard, scan in every form and add a calculation for certain lines.  Not sure if I'll use Basic, Fortran or Cobalt. When I started we used punch cards on an IBM Punch Card 029.

PATAX
Level 15

@dascpa I think the problem is everywhere. This is what happens in a society that ridicules young people who hang out in libraries.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Punch cards😬   That brings back bad memories of trying to do that in college without any experience working with punch cards.  We had to create something in a finance class when most of the class had no experience --------- or any clue what we had to do.  The instructor either didn't notice or didn't care since I believe two kids knew what they were doing and everyone else in the class just got copies of what they did.  That's pretty much the extent of my cheating in college goes.  Should I turn in my CPA certificate now since that obviously would not look well on an ethics exam.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I wonder if some of those College professors "cheated"? How do you think some of the athletes graduated that can't even read their diploma? Were there grades "fixed"?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't think their grades were fixed, but they might have been "repaired" 🤣

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@dascpa 

"...When I started we used punch cards on an IBM Punch Card 029."

LOL - I remember walking across campus with those cards & being terrified I'd drop 'em, and end up with *52 card pick-up*.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

We usually had a 12-24 hr turn aroundtime. When you picked it up, of course it never worked the first time. Then you had to correct it and try again.

Ex-AllStar