Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalties/Interest

MAER356
Level 2

A number of clients have received IRS notice CP30A.  The penalty for failure to pay sufficient quarterly vouchers has been recalculated.  Generally a small refund is owed to the taxpayer.  Is the calculation on ProSeries Form 2210 incorrect?  

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
BobKamman
Level 15

The 2210 calculation assumes that April 15 will be the payment date.  You can change that if you know the client will pay sooner.  It's likely that those receiving the notice now, filed their returns in March and that reduced the penalty.  

PATAX
Level 15

I believe that what Bob said is 100% correct. I was just talking about this with a good friend and colleague and he said exactly what Bob said. So markdown Bob's comment as the solution because that is what I believe it is.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are they CA residents?  The first 3 estimates for 2023 werent due until October last year, but Im not sure our software is computing for that, so Im guessing CA residents would be seeing this correction.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪