Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Form 3522

Ghaber01
Level 1

I filled out the California Form 3522 and requested electronic payment of the $800 annual fee on April 15, 2022/  The Client Letter indicates that this is an estimated tax payment and must be paid by by check. Does that mean the electronic payment I requested will not happen?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I just tried fiddling around with the one I have, I cant seem to make the letter acknowledge the estimated payment at all.....I printed him the voucher, but even if I fill in the 3522, I get nothing on the letter....so it seems like there may be some issues with the letter and where its pulling its info.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Ghaber01
Level 1

Once again, the engineers at Intuit have failed the accounting community.  On the Federal Partnership Information Worksheet, it is clear that ProSeries does not support electronic estimated tax payments for California.  Although the California Annual LLC fee (Form 3522) is not an estimated tax, that is apparently how it has been classified by the engineers.  To make matters worse, the Form 3522 offers the preparer the opportunity to fill in all the information and it appears that you can make the payment electronically.  Unfortunately, one cannot.  Why this persists is beyond me.  Finally, as is normal, several phone calls to ProSeries only led to additional frustration as no person I spoke to had a clue as to what was happening.

TaxToad
Level 3

Thank you for posting this.  I was trying to find out why I could fill in all the payment information on the 3522 but it didn't seem to create any payment to be made.  You saved me lots of time I don't have.

0 Cheers
frank2236
Level 2

could find no way to pay this electronically despite the section on the 3522 worksheet where you enter all the electronic funds withdrawal information and check the yes box to pay it electronically

ProSeries still prints the payment voucher with instructions to mail in the 800.00

So, I assume it will not be paid

Please note that businesses are required to pay electronically so the 10% penalty is $80 for paying by check.  

PLEASE PROSERIES - FIX THIS

0 Cheers