Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040-X Error

HannaH12
Level 1

I'm new to Proconnect and this is my first time filing an amended return. My client's return was filed incorrectly by a previous accountant. I followed the instructions but I'm getting an error:

Form 1040: Form 1040-X is included in this return. This return must be e-filed as an amended return. Please use E-file Amendment options in the File Return. US - Ref #55205

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Noah1234
Level 1

Did you find an answer. Intuit used to have live chats and folks you could talk to. You used to e able to send them the return for them to fix. I'm stuck. I amended 2020 and 2021 for the same clinet with no problem. In 2022, I am getting this error message and I cant EFILE Maryland ..

Form 1040: Form 1040-X is included in this return. This return must be e-filed as an amended return. Please use E-file Amendment options in the File Return. US - Ref #55205

Signed. Dissappointed ...

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I use ProSeries, and you have to follow instructions very carefully for it to work. If you can't get rid of errors just mail it in. It takes only a few days less for the IRS to process an efiled vs mail in for an amended return. Here is a link to the instructions.

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-1040/amending-individual-1040x-return...

George4Tacks
Level 15

DO NOT CALL!!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers