Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a w4 calculator in lacerte

Geradm
Level 1

7 Comments 7
BOStaff1
Level 2

Is there a W4 calculator in Lacerte?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Screen 7
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BOStaff1
Level 2

Thank you so much.  I am used to working with Pro-series and getting more used to where things are at in Lacerte.  I appreciate your help and quick response. 

abctax55
Level 15

YVW... PS (which I don't use) and Lacerte have 'nothing' in common.

Ask away, don't spin your wheels; I've used Lacerte for more decades than I want to admit 😉

It wouldn't have helped with the W-4 question, but Lacerte has this snifty feature - Go to where you expect the info/amount to appear.  Right click on that field, then click on "jump to input".  That will *usually* take you to where you to input the info (or give you the various options when there are multiple places).

( Generic Comment )"
BOStaff1
Level 2

Thank you again for the information.  I actually do have a question for you regarding screen 7.  I am trying to work up a new W4 for new clients who are very under withheld.   I have their last paystub to put into a W4 calculator for the amount withheld to date.   Where do I put this info in on screen 7 and where do you put the payroll frequency?  I might have missed this.  Thank you again in advance!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I haven't used it in ages....since before the major changes to W-4's.  And I didn't think it did a great job then.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

It looks like someone is going to have to spin their wheels a little after all 😁

Slava Ukraini!