Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1310

I can't seem to get rid of the errors on Form 1310.  I check Box B, Part 1 and then check the B1 box, but Pro Series is still saying I have 2 errors and boxes A & C are highlighted.

If I try box C and C1 instead, then I get 4 error messages.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Camp1040
Level 10

non court appointed person in charge of belongings and has death certificate can efile.  All others paper file.

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
Camp1040
Level 10

What is the situation? Probate, court appointed representative, executor, or person in charge of belongings?

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I have never been able to efile a return with a 1310. I just give up and have the client mail it.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Unfortunately I had three this year and they all went through efile using PS Basic.

Certified personal Rep, I believe.  She has a letter from the court.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Needs to be paper filed with the court appointment.

Camp1040
Level 10

non court appointed person in charge of belongings and has death certificate can efile.  All others paper file.

Thanks.  That worked.  If I check C, C1, then answer Y,N,N,Y in Part II, the errors are cleared.  It's a small refund so I'm not too concerned if she really is a court appointed representative.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You do recall that you are signing the return you are signing below this statement

"Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return and accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and
belief, they are true, correct, and complete. Declaration of preparer (other than taxpayer) is based on all information of which preparer has any knowledge"

Do you really want to start down the road of signing a return which you know has a false statement included, that affects the issuance of a refund (or at least the timing thereof?)

Camp1040
Level 10

I didn't share that information so that you could file an inaccurate return, if there are court papers then the return needs to be paper filled. I could file a 100 member partner ship if all I had to do was check boxes  and change answers to avoid errors.

IRonMaN
Level 15

What ever happened to our running with scissors and CAGMC attitudes?  Do you mean we actually have to follow rules now?  Bummer. 😉

Slava Ukraini!

Understood.  I'll check with the taxpayer to see if she really is a court appointed rep or not.

0 Cheers
Shawncam
Level 1

If you have a court-appointed representative and you have attached the document and link to form 1310, then in Part I fill in the name, address, and SSN. Part II check B, then on the Efile info worksheet check Yes to for the court-appointed rep. DO NOT check any box on the next question but put name of rep. in line to clear the error codes.

0 Cheers