This article explains how to resolve the following network error when opening Lacerte:2.4 access violation
2.5 access violation 00961d5b in w ??tax.exe (?? stands for the tax year)
To resolve this error:
- Rename PROFXO and PROFLOG files from the OPTION?? Directory
- Clear out the urn folder in the OPTION?? folder for the system file path
- Attempt to launch the program again
If the issue persists, try renaming the .ini file Lacerte uses:
- Close Lacerte.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and R to open the Run prompt. Type %appdata% and click OK.
- Open the Lacerte folder.
- Find the file named w??tax.ini (where ?? is the two-digit tax year). The .ini extension may not be displayed.
- Right-click that file and select Rename. Add -old to the end of the file name and hit Enter.