This article will help you solve for the following error messages:
- ProSeries is unable to license. No order found. If an order has been placed, make sure the customer number entered in ProSeries matches your invoice. To renew an order online, select the ProSeries Support link below, and then select Renew Online. For additional assistance, review our online knowledge base article.
- If you are receiving this error in ProSeries 2006-2018 or prior, see the steps on unlocking prior year ProSeries instead.
This error is caused when:
- Our records indicate that an order has not been placed for the customer number entered into ProSeries.
- You are on a Deferred Payment Option (DPO) and have not made the final payment. Refer to your DPO contract for your payment due date.
If you have purchased ProSeries for the current year:
- Open ProSeries.
- From the Tools menu, select Options.
- Click on the Customer Information button.
- Review the Customer Number and correct it if it doesn't match. There are two places to find the Customer Number that the order was placed under:
- Your order confirmation email.
- Log into My Account. It'll show on your Dashboard.
- If you changed the customer number click OK to close out of options.
- From the Tools menu choose License Products.
- If you are still receiving the 3-17 error message contact Customer Service.
For more information on how to contact ProSeries, as well as our operating hours, see here.
If you have not yet renewed for the current tax year see How to renew ProSeries for more information.