When trying to view the Electronic Filing or Rejection status, you receive the error message, "ProSeries cannot locate the Client Status History report file, please uninstall/reinstall ProSeries."
Before you start:
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
How to locate the Client Status History report file in ProSeries:
This error is commonly caused when some of the Rep29000.fp files are missing or damaged in the Common folder.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
- Close out of all ProSeries workstations.
- Select C:\ProWinYY\Common for the year before the one affected.
- For ProSeries Basic this is C:\BasWinYY\Common
- For ProSeries Professional stand alone this is C:\ProWinYY\Common
- For ProSeries Professional network this is X:\ProNetYY\Common
- Copy all files labeled Rep29000.fp through Rep29047.fp.
- Paste them to the Common folder for the current year of ProSeries with the error.
- For example, copy and paste files from C:ProWin08Common to C:ProWin09Common
- Replace any existing files.
- Open ProSeries and check the e-file status.
- If networked, open ProSeries on the Admin workstation first.