DMS for Lacerte and ProSeries will be switched to the new year's version in Right Networks for all users at the same time. Once the new version is in place, accounts who have not yet purchased the new version will not be able to use the program until they have purchased the new year's DMS.
ProSeries DMS licenses using the CAN and billing zip code.
Lacerte Document Management System
In order for Lacerte's DMS to recognize that the new year's version has been purchased, an updated prep file for the year will need to be put into the needed places for each DMS user:
- Prep files can be downloaded from the Intuit My Account dashboard or can be copied from the I:\Lacerte\22tax\Option22 folder and then pasted into the needed paths.
- You can copy and paste in the Right Networks environment using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+C for copy and Ctrl+V for paste. The default is that keyboard shortcuts will work in Intuit Hosting when the Right Networks environment is maximized. Alternatively, the Home tab in File Explorer has Copy and Paste buttons that can be used.
- Paste the prep file in the following folders:
- Note: If you cannot see the Settings folder on the H drive click on the View tab in File Explorer and check Hidden items.
- H:\Settings\Program Files\Lacerte\22taxpln\Data
- The 22taxpln folder is automatically created when 2022 Lacerte Tax Planner is installed. This folder and the Data folder inside can be created using the New Folder shortcut on the Home tab in File Explorer if needed.