Before you start:
- The in-product update for Document Management System (DMS) will not update to the next year's version. You must download DMS in order to be current.
- In order to print to DMS from the current year ProSeries Tax program, you must have the current DMS version installed.
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
- Only one version of DMS can be installed on a computer at any given time.
- Make sure you're licensed for the newest DMS version before upgrading, or you won't be able to access your data.
Downloading and installing DMS
- Sign in to My Account.
- From the Dashboard scroll down to DMS.
- Click Download 20YY.
- Run the DMSSetup.exe file.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- It is recommended to keep the DMS destination folder in its default location which is C:\Program Files\Intuit\DMS. Confirm the folder and click Next.
- Choose if you want to enable DMS toolbar for Microsoft Office applications and click Next.
- Once complete click Finish.
- DMS is now installed.
For network installations:
If you elected to create a copy of the DMSSetup.exe during the installation, you can install DMS on other workstations by running that executable. Just browse to the folder where you saved DMSSetup.exe from the other computers and double-click to run. When you install DMS on your other workstations, be sure the program destination is a local drive on that computer. See Installing and Using DMS on a Network for more information.