How do I download and Install ProSeries DMS?
ProSeries DMS can be installed from the My ProSeries website.
Install DMS from My ProSeries
- Sign-in to My Account.
- If you do not have an account, click on Create an Intuit Account to create one.
- Click on My ProSeries, click Download Products.
- On the Product Downloads screen, select the appropriate Tax Year and for ProSeries DMS
- Click the Download 20XX button next to ProSeries DMS
- Click the Save button to save the installation file to the hard drive.
- After the download is complete, click on the Open button. If you do not see a dialog box with an Open button, browse to the folder where you saved the installation file and double-click it to start the installation.
- At the DMS Welcome screen, click Next to continue.
- You will have to accept the license agreement to continue.
- Next you need to choose the DMS destination folder. The default destination folder is C:\Program Files\Intuit\DMS. We recommend you keep the default directory.
- DMS can create a copy of the installation file to make installing DMS on multiple workstations easier. If you wish to make a copy of the installation file:
- Check the box next to Yes, make a copy of the DMSSetup.EXE installation file to:
- Click the Browse button and select the folder. We recommend saving this file to a network share that the other workstations have access to. You can install DMS on the other workstations by running this installation file from the other workstations.
- Click Next.
- Next, DMS includes an optional toolbar to help make it easier to save your Microsoft Office documents to DMS. If you wish to enable this toolbar, check the Yes, enable DMS toolbar for Microsoft Office applications box and click Next.
- Click Install to begin the installation. If any changes need to be made, click the Back button to return to the previous screen and make the necessary changes.
- When the installation is complete, click the Finish button.
- Double-click the DMS icon on the Desktop to launch the program.
Installing from the Network
If you elected to create a copy of the DMSSetup.exe during the installation, you can install DMS on other workstations by running that executable. Just browse to the folder where you saved DMSSetup.exe from the other computers and double-click to run. When you install DMS on your other workstations, be sure the program destination is a local drive on that computer.