The follow Runtime error is generating in EasyACCT:
RTE 429 Cannot create Active X component downloading Internet Update or Installing from CD
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the error, and then follow the applicable set of instructions for downloading internet updates or installing the program again.
Troubleshooting step 1: Run as administrator
Follow these steps to log in as administrator:
- Right-click on the EasyACCT icon.
- Select Run As Administrator.
- Continue with updating EasyACCT.
Troubleshooting step 2: Delete temporary files
Follow these steps to delete temporary files:
- Delete all temporary files from C:\Temp, C:\Windows\Temp, and C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp.
- You can use the Windows Disk Cleanup tool to do this. Refer to this Microsoft article for instructions.
- Delete any temporary internet files using the steps in this Microsoft article.
Downloading internet updates
Follow these steps to download internet updates:
- In the Windows search box in the taskbar, type in Run and press Enter to open the Run app.
- You may also press the Windows key+R.
- Type in C:\EASYW\NETWORK\setup.exe and click OK.
- Select Restore Missing and Damaged files when prompted.
- Once the process is finished, restart the computer.
- Open EasyACCT.
- Answer Yes to the Update prompt.