Before you start:
- This error is only displayed if ProSeries is installed as a network and you are on a user workstation.
- If you are receiving this error in ProSeries 2014 or prior please see the steps on unlocking prior year ProSeries instead.
The following steps should be completed on the workstation that is experiencing the error, as to repair the license components:
- Close ProSeries.
- Open Windows File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following location: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlementClient
- ProgramData is a hidden folder. To view it, you may need to open Control Panel, and select File Explorer Options. From there, click on the View tab, and check the box for Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Open the v8 folder.
- Right-click on the entitlementdatastore.ecml file, then left-click Rename.
- Type "old" at the end of the file name, so that it reads entitlementdatastore.ecmlold.
- Navigate to the following location: C:ProWinYYmsiupdates where YY equals the year of ProSeries displaying the error.
- Double-click on EntlClnt.msi
- Select Remove EntlClnt and click Finish.
- When the uninstall is complete, click Close.
- Double-click on EntlClnt.msi again.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the installation is complete, click Close .