This article will help you:
- Activate your Right Networks account.
- Install ProSeries into your Intuit Hosting environment.
- Add additional users to your Intuit Hosting environment.
- Additional users will want to follow the steps in this article to access their Intuit Hosting environment.
- Run the Right Networks Setup Wizard so that you can access the Intuit Hosting environment, as well as print and scan on your local computer.
- Manually set up your Intuit Hosting environment, if you're unable to run the Setup Wizard.
- Upload program data from the local computer to the Intuit Hosting environment.
Activating your Right Networks account, adding users, and assigning packages
Adding users and assigning packages after the Welcome Wizard
Setting up access from your computer
Click on the Download Setup Wizard link on the left of your Right Networks My Account portal, then click on the Windows or Mac button in the pop-up to download the appropriate wizard for your computer.
Note: The wizard can be run on multiple computers and set to use the same login. Keep in mind that only one computer can access the hosted environment at the same time with the same login. For example, if you leave your home computer signed in to the hosted environment and go to your office and use it to access hosted the home computer will be kicked off.
In rare cases, you may not be able to run the setup wizard. Usually this is due to local system configuration. If this happens you'll need to manually set up access.
The package assigned to a user (and add-ons if any) control what's available to install for them.
Moving your client data and options to Right Networks with the ProSeries Tool Hub
The ProSeries Tool Hub has an option to help you locate your files and move them into the hosted environment. See article ProSeries Tool Hub: Helping you fix common problems and errors in ProSeries to install this tool on your local computer.
Moving your client data and options to Right Networks without the ProSeries Tool Hub
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
Unzipping the uploaded folders
Once the data has finished uploading to the hosted environment, it needs to be extracted before you can restore it to ProSeries.
Getting your options into place
Installing additional tax types and states
Before you restore your client files, you need to install the needed tax types and states.
Restoring your clients
You may be automatically prompted to license ProSeries.
To manually license ProSeries:
From the Tools menu, select License Products.
Updating your e-file acknowledgements
When you move your files over, e-file acknowledgements will need to be redownloaded.
ProSeries Fixed Asset Manager (FAM)
Uploading other data into the hosted environment
By default, the keyboard shortcuts will work in the hosted environment when it's maximized. Small files and folders can be copied locally. Then, you can browse to the desired location on your H:\ or I:\ drive and use the Ctrl+V shortcut to paste. Alternatively, you can open File Explorer, click the Home menu, and click Paste button. Larger sets of data will often require zipping.