The Data Conversion Wizard is an application that is designed to securely, quickly, and easily upload and download client data files for data migration to the Lacerte or ProSeries tax program.
Before you start:
- Install the most current version of Lacerte or ProSeries before starting the data conversion process.
- You'll need a backup of your client files from the prior software. For information on how to create the backup, see the Ready to submit your data table here:
- Data Conversion is only available for the current tax year. Currently you'll upload your 2021 tax data and you'll receive back the data needed for the 2022 tax data.
Submitting client data for conversion:
- Open Lacerte or ProSeries.
- From the Import menu, select Client Data Conversion and select Submit Client Data for Conversion.
- Sign in.
- Click Next..
- In the Select software you are converting from field, select the dropdown arrow, and select the software you are submitting client data files for conversion.
- The Select the Intuit Software to convert to field will pre-populate for you.
- Select the Tax Year to convert from will pre-populate to 2021.
- In Select the Tax Year to convert to dropdown:
- Lacerte users: choose 2021 if you need to create organizers or choose 2022 if you won't be creating organizers for these clients.
- ProSeries Users: 2022 will be pre-populated.
- A list of all the client files will appear with each box checked.
- If there are any client files that you know you won't need to have converted, then uncheck the file(s).
- Select Submit.
- A confirmation screen will appear stating the estimated time for the conversion to be completed. An email will be sent to the Email address that appears when the conversion is complete.
- Select Done to close the Data Conversion Wizard screen.
Download the converted client data:
Select on your tax product for the steps to download your converted client data.