This article will walk you through depositing a tax refund in more than one bank account using ProSeries.
You can specify additional bank accounts to deposit tax refunds by using Form 8888.
Follow these steps to specify additional bank accounts for the tax refund deposit:
- Open the client return.
- Go to the Federal Information Worksheet.
- If you've already entered the first account on the Federal Information Worksheet, press F6 on your keyboard to open the Open Forms window, type in 8888, and press Enter. Then, start from step 7.
- Click the QuickZoom for Part VIII - Refund Options.
- Scroll down to the Direct Deposit subsection.
- Complete any applicable information about the first bank account.
- Click the QuickZoom to Form 8888 to enter additional accounts button.
- Enter any information about the additional bank accounts under Part I - Direct Deposit.
- You may enter up to 2 additional bank accounts on Form 8888.
- All bank accounts must be from U.S. banks.