Before you start:
- Before you can begin e-filing returns containing a Pay-by-Refund bank product you must have completed your enrollment with Refund Advantage. See here for details on enrolling in Pay-by-Refund and verifying your enrollment status.
- Pay-by-Refund is only available on current year tax returns.
- For a return to be eligible for a Pay-by-Refund bank product it must meet the following criteria:
- The return must have a refund larger than the preparer fees and bank fees.
- The return must be filed electronically.
- The Pay-by-Refund application must be signed by the taxpayer before e-filing the return.
How do I correct and resubmit a failed Pay-by-Refund request?
- Open the client file.
- Make any changes needed to correct the rejection.
- From the E-File menu choose Re-transmit Bank Application.
- Click Yes on the Do you want to save the question.
- Once the application has been successfully retransmitted click OK.