The instructions provided below will remove a state or federal tax formset completely from the ProSeries tax program. Once uninstalled no tax returns will be able to use the forms that were uninstalled.
Example: The California individual and New York individual state formsets are uninstalled. New and previously completed tax returns will not be able to complete, view, or file a California or New York state tax return.
To uninstall a Federal or State product
- From the Windows Start menu, start scrolling down. (may not initially look like there is anything to scroll to)
- Select ProSeries from the list and it will drop down items beneath it.
- Click on Uninstall
- Highlight the product or products you want to uninstalled and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Finish button.
- From the Windows Start menu, select Computer
- Go to C:\prowinXX\Updates folder, (XX=Tax Year)
- Press CTRL + A keys on the keyboard
- Press Delete key on the keyboard
- Open 20XX ProSeries program
- Go to Update > Select and Download New Products menu item
Remove attached state or city from federal tax return
To remove an attached state or city return from the federal tax return for a client, click here.