What password options are available?
ProSeries Professional and ProSeries Basic have multiple password options available to you to protect your clients data.
- Manage Users is enabled on ProSeries automatically beginning in tax year 2016. Manage Users requires a user name and password to open the program and cannot be disabled.
- Client Level Passwords allow you to protect specific tax returns with customized passwords.
- Electronic Filing Passwords can be enabled to require a password to be entered at the time of e-file transmission.
- Primary Password is required to be setup when using Client Level or Electronic Filing Passwords. This should be setup by the firm owner in order to reset forgotten Client Level and Electronic Filing passwords. In older versions of ProSeries, this was called the Primary Password.
- Access Rights, available in ProSeries Professional only, in tax year 2018 and prior allows the firm owner to setup additional user name and passwords for additional preparers and limit specific program access. For tax year 2019 access rights have been combined with your Manage Users login. Please click here for details on Access Rights changes for tax year 2019.