This article will help you understand:
- why the clients Intuit Link status defaults to "Invitation Accepted" in the current year.
- how to send a checklist to a client whose Link status is "Invitation Accepted" and not "Invite"
My client's Intuit Link status in the current year program is "Invitation Accepted" but I have not invited the client to use Intuit Link this year.
Clients who have used Intuit Link in previous years will have an "Invitation Accepted" Link status in the current year when they are profomaed. This "Invitation Accepted" status means they have accepted the invitation in either the current year or in a previous year.
NOTE: Clicking on the "Invitation Accepted" hyperlink on the Clients list will only open the web browser and take the preparer to the Intuit Link website.
For clients who have accepted the invitation in a prior year, you can send the engagement letter, questionnaire, or checklist by selecting Intuit Link from the Tools menu.
Follow the steps below to send the checklist from the current tax year program:
- Highlight the client on the Clients list.
- Click the Tools menu and put the cursor over Intuit Link.
- Then click Invite Client to Intuit Link.
- This will open the Invite Clients to Use Link window where you can select the engagement letter, questionnaire, and/or checklist. Select the desired options.
- Then click Invite.
The taxpayer will receive an email stating the preparer has updated their checklist and directs them to sign in to Intuit Link to complete the checklist. The items sent from the current tax year program will appear in that year's folder when the taxpayer signs in to their Intuit Link portal. For example, if the preparer sends the TY18 checklist, the taxpayer will see those questions in their TY18 folder.