Before you start:
- Calculate all client files in your original program.
- Remove any locks.
- Remove any passwords
- Individual (1040)
- Partnership (1065)
- Corporation (1120)
- S-Corporation (1120S)
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (e.g., C:ConversionData).
- Open Drake, on the menu bar, click the Tools menu, File Maintenance, then Backup.
- In the Drake 2018 - Backup dialog box, click Select a backup location and select the drive and folder for your backup (set the location to C:ConversionData).
- Check only the box for Client Files.
- Click the Backup button.
Open C:ConversionData to view the files that have been backed up. A valid Drake backup contains a file named DB followed by the date, and ending with a .7z extension (extensions may be hidden depending on your settings, and the icon may resemble a zip file.)
What items will be converted?
The main purpose of this conversion is to get your data ready for the following tax year. Therefore, viewing a Form 1040 will not display the same results that had been filed. The conversion is very limited and includes only the basic information in the following PDF document.