ajcpa
Level 3

I have been using Proseries for over 30 years.   Has anyone notice the constant decline in service and delays in getting responses.  Years ago we could speak with someone who know how the program worked and not have to stop and check with someone else.   We are no longer able to elevate a problem to a supervisor or person with more knowledge.  Three times this tax season, I have requested a supervisor but  was unable to speak with one and was told a supervisor would call me back.  Fat chance.   I never received a call back. 

Over over the last 4 to 5 years, I have seen lots of program changes some are worthy but others are not well thought out.   More recently, there appears to be more effort in making sure professional do not make a mistake but it has gotten carried away.       

It does not appear that Intuit is concerned about the needs of tax professional preparers.   We want a program that works and efforts should be made to save time, clicks and effort.  Having to turn off validations, missing efile files, requiring a number of steps to be completed to file an extension is a waste of time.  Other issues ling printing hard copies of ES or changing printers or dealing with pop ups is not efficient.     Even errors that are not errors are occurring more often.   One must asked what are the criteria for establishing an error.  .   All these extra key strokes takes time during a period when time is a scarce resource.   

Has anyone had to amended a clients 2020 tax return for the March 2021 tax changes.   The program is a joke, it automatically changes the program to confirm to the new law even if you filed the return already.  NO warning that the data will be changed resulting in the original data being lost once you open the program.   What were these programmers thinking!!

We have little control to set defaults that will save paper or key strokes and I am curious with other prepares have the same frustration as request to make program changes have been far and few that actually saves us time.  One example, if you want to print out a form, it will automatically print out the smart sheet.   You have to uncheck for it not to print rather the having the default if you want it to print go ahead check the box.  Another example, If you use a double sided printer, you do not get the choice to print single sided, and you can not print out all the ES Vouchers at one time. No ability to put printing of state returns to start printing on a new page rather than on the on the back of the federal return or printing out Efile Authorizations.   Same problem when you print out K-1s you will not provide a page break between investors.   

When you call customer service, you need to provide Customer number and then when get a representative, you need to provided, customer number, email and name.   Is customer impersonation that big of a problem?   

Our fees for the program have gone up every year but customer service has declined.    I learned today, Proseries no longer provides customer support for tax years still in the statute of limitations.   For example, CA statute of limitations if 4 years form date of timely filed return how ever the 2017 tax is no longer supported by customer service.  What gives?