Downloading updates using the In-Product Lacerte Updates Utility.
- Use the Update Scheduler to schedule automatic downloads.
- Download updates using the Lacerte Web Setup Utility.
Download updates from within Lacerte:
- Open Lacerte to the Client List.
- From the Tools menu choose Lacerte Updates...
- If updates are available you will see this screen. Click on Version Info to see what portion of the program is being updated. Click Update to start downloading the updates.
- Once the update is complete click Yes to close Lacerte and install the updates.
- When the installation is complete, the program will automatically launch.
- If you have a standalone license, the program updates are now installed and your program is up to date.
- If you have a network license and you installed the program to a shared network path, the next time each workstation opens the program, they will see a message prompting them to install the updates.
- If you have the network license and you installed the program standalone on each of the workstations, you will need to repeat steps 1 - 4 above to update all of the workstations.
Schedule automatic update downloads with the Update Scheduler:
The Lacerte Update Scheduler is a way to automatically download updates from Lacerte. You can schedule a specific time for the program to download updates, and see the dates and times when the program found updates. For more information, see here.
In most cases your standard program updates will keep your Lacerte up to date, however if you need to add additional state modules or if the update fails you may need to run a Websetup.
- Close all open programs.
- From the Windows Start menu choose Programs and expand the Lacerte folder.
- Double-click on the 20YY Lacerte Web Setup where YY is the year you need to update.
- Click Next to begin.
- Select the Programs you want to update:
- Lacerte Tax
- Lacerte Tax Planner
- Click Next.
- Select the States and Modules to update or install.
- Click Next.
- Review your choices and click Install.
- Once complete click Launch to open Lacerte.