How do I generate form 8832, Entity Classification Election?
An eligible entity uses Form 8832 to elect how it will be classified for federal tax purposes, as a corporation, a partnership, or an entity disregarded as separate from its owner. An eligible entity is classified for federal tax purposes under the default rules unless it files Form 8832 or Form 2553, Election by a Small Business Corporation, to elect a classification or change its current classification.
To generate Form 8832 Entity Classification Election:
- Go to the Elections screen
- Screen 41, Elections (Corporate)
- Screen 33, Elections (Partnership)
- Screen 38, Elections (S Corporate)
- Click on Misc. Elections
- Scroll down to the Election for Entity Classification (Form 8832) section
- Check the box, "Print Form 8832 with complete return" code 213
- Check all applicable boxes under the Type of Election subsection
- Initial classification by newly formed entity
- Change in current classification
- Filed an entity election within last sixty months
- Prior initial election effective on date of formation
- Complete all other applicable information for Form 8832