Be sure to check your e-file acknowledgments frequently to ensure you pull the acknowledgment as soon as it is available.
Before you start:
- Federal return acknowledgements are usually available within one to three days.
- State return acknowledgements are usually available within two to five business days.
- Department of Labor acknowledgements are usually available within one business day.
- There is no longer a need to submit delayed acknowledgements to the AckTrack system. When returns are outstanding longer than the expected turnaround time we are automatically notified and start working with the agency.
Current delayed acknowledgements:
The IRS 1040 server is offline for year-end maintenance. Any delayed acknowledgements for Individual returns will not be received until the IRS servers resume operation at the start of the tax year 2020 filing season.
Follow these steps if you're experiencing a delay not listed above:
- Sign in to My Account.
- Follow the link above, or from your dashboard, select Products on the left-side menu, then click e-File Status.
- Enter the required information:
- The Product you used to e-file the return
- The Status you want to check for (typically All)
- Enter the date you e-filed the return in Start date
- Enter the End date for your query
- Your client's tax identifying number in SSN/EIN.
- Click the Submit button to retrieve acknowledgements for your client from the specified date range.
If the status shown on My Account is different then the status in your tax program you'll need to update the acknowledgement status in your program: