Before you start:
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
If you suspect your ProSeries Basic or Professional products are not up-to-date and need to verify your software versions:
- From the Help menu, select About ProSeries (or About ProSeries Basic).
- Select the Versions tab.
- Make a note of the version number for the forms that may be out of date.
- Open the ProSeries Release Dates page.
- Click on the README column for the same form.
- Compare the version number's between the two.
If your versions do not match and running updates gives you a message saying No ProSeries Updates Found this article will help you resolve the error.
This situation may occur if ProSeries Professional or ProSeries Basic version tracking files have been damaged, thereby preventing your software from identifying if new updates are available. The Repair Updates feature will attempt to repair these files:
From the Start menu
- Click on the Windows Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- In the Search field, type "Repair Updates".
- If you're refreshing updates for tax year 2018 or prior ProSeries, type "ProSeries Refresh Updates", instead.
- From the results, select the Tools - Repair Updates option (or ProSeries Refresh Updates) for the relevant tax year.
If the version numbers are still out-of-date after repairing the updates continue to the next troubleshooting step below.