At this time, you can't edit the due date for the filing instructions. Lacerte will automatically display the due date based on the Year End entered on Screen 1, Client Information. However, you can modify the due date of the regular client letter if you suppress the filing instructions.
Follow these steps to suppress the filing instructions and generate the client letter:
- Go to the Invoice, Letter, and Filing Instructions screen:
- Screen 5.1 (Individual and Corporate modules)
- Screen 2.1 (Partnership and Benefit Plan modules)
- Screen 4.1 (S Corporate and Gift modules)
- Screen 3.1 (Fiduciary, Exempt Organization and Estate modules)
- Scroll down to the Client Letter section.
- Enter the date in the Due date of return [O] in MM/DD/YY format.
- Enter the desired state due date in State due date, if different [O].
- Scroll down to the Filing Instructions section.
- Enter a 2 in Filing instructions: 1=yes, 2=no [O].
- This will suppress the filing instructions and generate the client letter with the due date specified in steps 3 and 4.