Before you start:
- You can leave the field blank and Lacerte will default to the due date of the return.
- If the return is on extension, it'll default to the extended due date.
- If the taxpayer is subject to an underpayment penalty, late filing, late payment, or late interest, it'll default to the Filing Date from the Penalties & Interest screen.
Follow these steps to change the due date:
- Go to the Invoice, Letter, and Filing Instructions screen:
- Screen 5.1 (Individual and Corporate modules)
- Screen 2.1 (Partnership and Benefit Plan modules)
- Screen 4.1 (S Corporate and Gift modules)
- Screen 3.1 (Fiduciary, Exempt Organization and Estate modules)
- Scroll down to the Client Letter section.
- Enter the date in the Due date of return [O] in MM/DD/YY format.