Follow these steps:
- Go to the applicable Notes screen:
- Individual: Screen 47
- Partnership: Screen 34
- Corporate: Screen 42
- S Corporate: Screen 39
- Fiduciary: Screen 51
- Exempt organization: Screen 62
- Estate: Screen 36
- Gift: Screen 13
- Benefit Plan: Screen 22
- Select the kind of note under the Print As section from the left panel.
- Worksheet: will print as a worksheet with the preparer copy or client copy.
- Statement: will print as a statement with any copy of the return.
- Letter Misc 1: will print on the client letter after the salutation.
- Letter Misc 2: will print on the client letter before the signature.
- Schedule K-1: only available in S-Corporate/Partnership/Fiduciary modules (will print a supplemental information page on each K-1).
- Enter the text of the note.
- Select Edit from the left panel to select the state that the note applies to.
To view the client note when printed as a worksheet or statement:
- Go to the Forms tab.
- Select Client Notes.
- A client note will proforma with the client file.
- A client note will be created as part of the e-filed return in the Individual, Corporate, S Corporate, Partnership, and Exempt Organization if Statement is selected in the left panel of the Client Notes screen.
- Some states have a character limit, so we recommend validating the return and then going to e-File and selecting e-File Support Tools and View e-File to make sure the full statement is included.
- There's no guarantee that the IRS will review these notes. Also, see Attaching PDF documents to a business return for e-file in Lacerte or Attaching PDF documents to an individual return for e-file (Form 1040).
- Lacerte doesn't support special formatting of statements or worksheets; the formatting options aren't available with these note types.