This article will help you backup your Lacerte program settings and restore your settings from a previous backup.
To backup your settings:
- Go to Settings then select System File Path.
- Select Backup.
- Select Browse to choose the location to backup the settings and options.
- Select OK.
To restore your settings from a backup:
- Go to Settings in the dropdown menu.
- Select System File Path and then Restore.
- In the Restore System File Path window, enter or select the location where the backup is, or select Browse to search for a location.
- Select OK.
- If System Files already exist you'll see a confirmation window asking you if you are sure you want to replace them. Select Yes to continue or No to quit.
- If you select Yes, the files will be copied to the location selected in step 3.
- Select OK, close the program so the changes can take effect. You'll have to restart the program manually.
|Items that are backed up or restored when using this feature:|
|Client Letters||Custom Intangibles Database||Preparer Information|
|Custom Mailing Labels||User Options||Email & Communications|
|Custom Reports||Trustee Rights (network license only)||Status Information|
|Print Options||Firm Information||Tables|