How do I backup client files in the Lacerte Tax Program?
The best way to ensure the protection of client data is to create backups on a regular basis. You can use the Lacerte Backup and Restore functions when transferring client files between computers and between subdirectories on one computer. However, you may also perform your normal system backup procedures (tape backup, etc.) to protect against system crashes.
Follow these steps to back up your clients in Lacerte Tax:
- Click on the Clients tab (to view the list of your clients).
- Select the Clients to backup.
- Click on Client.
- Click on Backup.
- Type the data path for the backup or click Browse to find an existing directory.Note: The destination can be a local hard drive, a removable drive (i.e. USB flash drive), or a network drive. (The drive letter of an external drive can differ from computer to computer.)
- Click OK to begin the backup.
- To replace the client or group of clients, click either Yes or Yes to All.
- To keep the original client and cancel the backup, click No or click Cancel.
See Related Video on Lacerte Backup: