This article will assist you with creating invoices in the Accountant edition of either QuickBooks Desktop Pro and QuickBooks Desktop Premier for the tax return from Intuit ProSeries.
If you're using a recent version of Accountant edition of either QuickBooks Desktop Pro and QuickBooks Desktop Premier (one year prior, the same year, or one year above), you can send client billing information from ProSeries to your firm's QuickBooks company file. This creates QuickBooks invoices and updates the QuickBooks account balances.
Follow these steps to create invoices in QuickBooks from ProSeries:
- In ProSeries, set up the ProSeries billing features.
- Refer to this article for more information.
- In QuickBooks, make sure you are in Single-user Mode and set up the QuickBooks billing line items.
- To switch between modes, go to the QuickBooks File menu, and then select Switch to Single-user Mode/Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- In ProSeries, highlight the clients whose billing information you want to send to QuickBooks.
- From the ProSeries Tools menu, select QuickBooks Billing/Customer Update and choose Set Preferences.
- In the window, select the client's QuickBooks company file and click OK.
- Select the customer invoice preferences in the next window and click OK.
- In the Federal Billing Options window, set up how your ProSeries billing options will correspond to your QuickBooks invoice items.
- Use the State Billing Options window for the state information.
- Monitor the progress of QuickBooks Billing in the following windows. When the Results window appears, review the information and click OK.
- Review the invoices and customer contact information for the firm's company file in QuickBooks.
- If you want to create additional invoices in your firm's QuickBooks company file, select the applicable client files in the HomeBase. Then, from the Tools menu, select QuickBooks Billing/Customer Update and choose Create QuickBooks Invoices.
- The ProSeries Billing Options in the wizard correspond to the main billing categories in the Client-Specific Billing Options worksheet in the ProSeries federal and state products.
- When a QuickBooks invoice is created, each Billing Option from each category is listed on a separate line of the invoice.
- QuickBooks invoices include subtotals for each Billing category (unless you use Discount Percentage, in which case there's only one subtotal). It also includes the total per-form charge for all forms prepared, but they don't list individual per-form charges.
- If you choose to use the ProSeries billing line item descriptions, the descriptions on the client's Client-Specific Billing Options worksheet are used on the QuickBooks invoices.
- The To be printed option (near the bottom-left corner of the QuickBooks Invoice window) is automatically checked.