ProSeries Professional and ProSeries Basic both offer the ability to e-file the individual New York state estimated tax payments from Form IT-2105.
Follow these steps to e-file the New York state estimated payments:
- Open the client return.
- Go to the Federal Information Worksheet.
- Scroll down to Part VI - Electronic Filing of Tax Return Information - Continued.
- Check the box to file the state estimates electronically.
- Select the state and the quarters that you'll file electronically.
- Go to the State Information Worksheet.
- Scroll down to Part VIII - Electronic Filing Information.
- enter the Date to Withdraw and Date of Signature for each quarter that you're e-filing.
- Go to the EF Center HomeBase (or the EF Clients tab, if you're using ProSeries Basic).
- Locate the client return.
- The Estimated Payment will be identified on its own row. In this case, NY Pmt is displayed in the Return Type column for a New York Estimated Tax Payment.
- When you're ready to e-file the payment, select the row associated with the client's NY Pmt and transmit the payment as you would any electronic return.
Each quarterly estimated tax payment must be electronically filed separately. Only a single payment will be displayed in the EF Center at a time. Additional payments will only be displayed after the prior payment has been transmitted and accepted. Payments may only be transmitted within 30 days of the payment due date.